Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Forum rendering (Read 3941 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum rendering

Why is it that this forum can't be rendered properly in mozilla, phoenix, k-meleon... every browser i've tried except ie?  Other forums don't have this problem.
地獄

Forum rendering

Reply #1
Could you be a little more specific?

I use Mozilla/Phoenix all the time (Moz has been my primary browser since way before 1.0 even) on the forums here and they render flawlessly.

Oh, and IIRC, Matt, the main developer of IPB, uses Mozilla as his primary browser also... so I'm kind of curious as to what exactly you are talking about.

Forum rendering

Reply #2
I've also used Moz since way back, currently KMeleon and Phoenix and I have never had a problem with rendering of this site and its forums 

Forum rendering

Reply #3
If you're talking about threads like this one, it's just IE breaking standards (IMO).

And, IMO, there's hardly anything that can be done about it. A string that doesn't contain any white-space characters cannot be force-wrapped using html.

Forum rendering

Reply #4
Yeah, that's what I meant.
地獄

Forum rendering

Reply #5
Why is it that this forum can't be rendered properly in mozilla,

The only problem I have with this forum in Mozilla (in linux) is I have to +size the font twice to
make it readable.  I guess I'm going to have to remember how to specify the dot pitch of
my screen.  WIndows/mozilla on the same monitor gives a bigger font.

edit: I seem to have found the way... Mozilla now has a click box for 96 dpi screen (close enough to my 100 dpi)

Forum rendering

Reply #6
Using Opera 6.x under linux, makes these forums almost unreadable.

Forum rendering

Reply #7
Why is it that this forum can't be rendered properly in mozilla,

The only problem I have with this forum in Mozilla (in linux) is I have to +size the font twice to
make it readable

I have the same problem (though not only on this site), solved by setting minimum font size.