Skip to main content

Topic: Best output plugin for Mediamonkey (Read 7769 times) previous topic - next topic

Best output plugin for Mediamonkey
Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!

• radi6404
  • [*]
Reply #1
Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!

I am interested in that, aswell.

• ojdo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Probably the default output method works alright for your needs. ASIO only offers a lower latency (delay) for playback, not necessarily a higher playback quality.
  • Last Edit: 22 January, 2010, 09:37:43 AM by ojdo

• Juha
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Does the DAC have native drivers or are you using Asio4All?

Steve Monk's Kernel Streaming output plug-in is another way to get shorten the path between software and hardware. I suppose this does not work properly if your DAC does not have KS compatible drivers.

BTW, there's also another ASIO output plug-in for Winamp available which worked with MediaMonkey as well
- http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/programs/winamp/

Juha

• ExUser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Read-only
Reply #4
I seem to recall that outputs other than the default ones had issues with gapless playback and/or seeking.