Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Item column at Properties/Individual Values (Read 2649 times) previous topic - next topic

Item column at Properties/Individual Values

I could not find this mentioned in the beta4/5/6 topic so far, so here it goes with a bit of history to get the complete picture.

Some good time ago, there were voices to add PREV/NEXT button to "Properties" dialogue. This was every time strictly rejected. With the release of the 1.0 betas foo_infobox stopped working. The lack of this function turned out to be quite the pain in the ....
As of 1.0 beta5 I was pleased to see that my alternative suggestion to this feature request (if it was indeed my?) got implemented.
This means, that as of beta5, the EDIT dialog for multiple items (say for example you want to edit the COMPOSER tag for several items, line by line) got an additional column that displays you some additional information about the song whose tags are going to be changed by that line. Up until now you got only a line number, which rarely gave you useful information.

That additional information is, of course, customizable. By changing the Advanced preferences / Display / Properties / Title display format you can define what kind of information will be displayed next to the line number in the properties dialog.

Thanks a lot Peter for implementing this!
PS: Foosion: You may consider adding this to the list of feature requests and marking it solved.

Reply #1
the EDIT dialog for multiple items (..) got an additional column that displays you some additional information

That column was already present in v0.9.3 when the reworked properties dialog was introduced.

It was just set to zero width by default, which has been changed at some point.

Reply #2
Prior to writing the topic I checked with 0.9.6.9, where I could not see the column. So the width change must have been in the betas. Anyway, good that it's visible now, because I had no idea it's sitting there.