Skip to main content

Topic: Decoding AAC encoded RTP Stream (Read 7208 times) previous topic - next topic

• abhie
  • [*]
Decoding AAC encoded RTP Stream
Hello,

I am trying to decode AAC encoded audio stream from the RTP payload. I need some help decoding AAC(mpeg4-generic) RTP stream to any playable audio file format. Any link to how to do it or any tool that does it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Abhie

Reply #1
Do you need help capturing the stream, decoding it, or both ?

If you specify the stream, I will try to help.

Woody

• abhie
  • [*]
Reply #2
Do you need help capturing the stream, decoding it, or both ?

If you specify the stream, I will try to help.

Woody

I have  pcap capture with mpeg4-generic rtp payload. I want to decode it in any playable format. I think its AAC-LD encoded payload.
I tried adding fixed ADTS header before payload with channels=4, rate=48k and frame-_length = 1024  and then write to a file but i am not getting any audio when tried playing with VLC.
Can you help me out?

Thanks

• arjunen
  • [*]
Reply #3
Hello,

I have an raw AAC-LD data stream and I want to add ADTS or ADIF headers so that the data stream is playable.

Can a ADTS or ADIF header be added to an MPEG-4 AAC-LD data format. If so can you please let me know the profile object type for AAC-LD.  The below link mentions the profile audio object type for AAC-LD is 23. But the ADTS and ADIF headers support only 2 bits for audio object type. This raises a question in me, whether ADTS or ADIF header supports AAC-LD format.

Thanks
Arjunen

• raghubh
  • [*]
Reply #4
Can anybody help me on packetizing of AAC LD stream..

• db1989
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
Is this really related to this topic?

Also, I guess AAC is a very popular study topic of the last few years.

• raghubh
  • [*]
Reply #6
Hello,

I am trying to decode AAC encoded audio stream from the RTP payload. I need some help decoding AAC(mpeg4-generic) RTP stream to any playable audio file format. Any link to how to do it or any tool that does it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Abhie

Hi Abhie,
                I am also working on AAC-LD(mpeg4-generic) decoding, could you please share any link or tool to convert RTP to playable format.  Please mail me to raghu.lg@gmail.com
Regards,
Raghu