Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: need hint for button icons (Read 4507 times) previous topic - next topic

need hint for button icons

hi-
i d like to put an icon to a created button . The Button is there, but i only can see it when i move mouse over, cos there is no icon.
When i go to CUSTOMIZE BUTTONS under the current configuration, i can see the button to be assigned, but when i use CHANGE ICON, a file window opens, asking where the icon is.
Now what format does the icon have if i should make my own, or where can i point to for button icons anyway?
thanks
tonne

Reply #1
.ico
Icon format. 16x16 I believe

The file window should have indicated to you at the bottom of it what it is looking for...
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
it asks "icon files" - but i dont know how to make one. 
I guess just a pict 16x16 and then rename it with .ico suffix wont do the job.
should i give up?
thanks again

Reply #3
Google for "Icon Sushi" or any other program to convert bmp/png/psd to ico

Reply #4
ConvertICO  is a Free Online Converter - fast (you don't need to register or to install software) and easy to use (you need only 3 clicks to convert the PNG or ICO file) - able to convert PNG to ICO

http://www.convertico.com/

I've used this site to convert 16x16 PNG images (w/ transparent background when necessary) to icons for use as foobar buttons, it works very well.

Reply #5
bingo - working!

there is always a first time.... 

thanks a lot, i´ll iconificate the world from now !
greeeeetz
tonne