Skip to main content
Topic: Freeverb for foobar2000 (Read 20371 times) previous topic - next topic

Freeverb for foobar2000

I admit, I should have finished this a lot earlier.

I originally was working on a custom reverb algo (because I wanna ditch XMPlay for reverbing stuff), ran into issues with nasty clipping and shit. Which drove me insane. Using CannibalZerg's VST plugin with random VSTs annoyed me too.

So I took some old code from earlier, tinkered with the core Freeverb3 class to make a nice impl. for FB2K and its done.

*snip*

o.o

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #1
I admit, I should have finished this a lot earlier.

I originally was working on a custom reverb algo (because I wanna ditch XMPlay for reverbing stuff), ran into issues with nasty clipping and shit. Which drove me insane. Using CannibalZerg's VST plugin with random VSTs annoyed me too.

So I took some old code from earlier, tinkered with the core Freeverb3 class to make a nice impl. for FB2K and its done.

http://mudlord.xtemu.com/files/foo_dsp_freeverb.dll

o.o

I've been looking for a reverb plugin forever, but your link doesn't seem to be working
S.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #4
Perhaps it is a stereo-only effect? (Insert "Convert mono to stereo" somewhere after your "Downmix channels to mono", likely just before "Freeverb DSP")

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #5
* Correct, stereo only effect, like the original impl.
* Greyed out values are a style option I did. Just figured people might want to see the values the sliders are at

A mono implementation is hacked in....
Tested with the "Downmix to mono" effect.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #6
oops.. yeah makes sense, I run my audio out into my mono bass amp so I can feel the bass (bass addict) ...it's a compromise in the sound but I love bass too much. I really should upgrade it all. For now I'll just use my headphones for reverb .....shoegaze with extra reverb mmmmm. Thanks heaps!
S.x

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #7
The upload should work with mono channels too now, though.

At least, from my testing, works like a charm o.o

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #8
aaah yes I just played with the DSP order and found it works if it's before the mix to mono ..awesome!!
*is soaked in lush reverb*
*melts*
Thanks!!!

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #9
aaah yes I just played with the DSP order and found it works if it's before the mix to mono

You may want to use it after the mix to mono in this case. The wet portion of the signal is calculated against a mono downmix anyway, and the stereo simply adds some phase delayed right channel output, which could come out bad when downmixed.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #10
I found it extremely usefull (inter alia, of course) also for headphone listening with BS2B component, it's another step for pushing the sound out of (in front of) the head.
Thanks to author of this component (maybe it's a kind of room simulator rather than free/reverb only), it's very usefull and practical.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #11
Yes, I wrote this using my headphones as a reference.

maybe it's a kind of room simulator rather than free/reverb only

Yep, the algorithm is not as configurable as I would have liked, so yes, its a room simulator based reverb model. Maybe later I might do something using ideas from SoX or something, since the stuff in there is pure win.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #12
This is really great! Thanks for your work. Now I can leave the lame Winamp-DSP emulator/Ozone solution
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #13
Finally got around to updating for foobar2000 1.0. Also tinkered with the main Freeverb class more to allow easier implementation into other apps (emulators, for example...).

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #14
Vy nice and been waiting for some time for this DSP ! thx.
I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #15
Finally got around to updating for foobar2000 1.0. Also tinkered with the main Freeverb class more to allow easier implementation into other apps (emulators, for example...).

Hello Mudlord. Does this plugin work with Foobar2000 0.9.5? I tried using it in but got an error.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #16
Not anymore. You need 1.0 to use it.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #17
No such component.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #20
No such component.

I know, I removed the components I made because I no longer agree with the politics involved with how the SDK is, how it can be used, and the sedition of component authors deemed unworthy.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #21
Thanks for including the full source code, so anyone can take over maintaining it.

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #22
Attached is the latest version I have (0.3).

Thanks frag and mud,i like to tinker with my sound.

Ah yes...politics, always seem to get in the way in life.Thanks again

Freeverb for foobar2000

Reply #23
Thanks for including the full source code, so anyone can take over maintaining it.

No probs, I have complete faith in you if you want to continue it, as well as fraganator or lvql, since you people know your audio DSP  well. The Freeverb code is public domain anyway, so so should the plugin be.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019