Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: On-the-fly BPM counter? (Read 5553 times) previous topic - next topic

On-the-fly BPM counter?

I already looked at the threads about calculating and tagging BPM, but is there a plugin that can calculate BPM on the fly, i.e. as the file is playing? Hardware CDDJs can do this, so you would think this would be possible in software.
Everything I've learned about space, I've learned from psytrance.

On-the-fly BPM counter?

Reply #1
Any updates?

I don't even think the hardware BPM counters on CDDJs are all that advanced, so it seems like someone should have developed a software equivalent by now.

Also, one disadvantage of the common BPM analyzer that reads an entire song is that it can't handle tempo changes within a track. A live analyzer (which probably buffers up the next few seconds of a track) would show the real BPM, regardless of tempo changes.

On-the-fly BPM counter?

Reply #2
this would be of great benefit as well as getting the key to each track

On-the-fly BPM counter?

Reply #3
Any update on this?

On-the-fly BPM counter?

Reply #4
Also, one disadvantage of the common BPM analyzer that reads an entire song is that it can't handle tempo changes within a track. A live analyzer (which probably buffers up the next few seconds of a track) would show the real BPM, regardless of tempo changes.

this would be of great benefit as well as getting the key to each track

Seconded, these would be great features.

On-the-fly BPM counter?

Reply #5
I don't know really what I would use a live BPM counter for, but it sure would be pretty cool if such thing were built into the continuator-component, so it could automatically beatmix tracks (or at least start next track on the estimated beat, so next track won't start offbeat).

...but first of all I would really like a BPM scanner that can tag my files.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P