Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio Asylum article on quantum mechanics and oversampling (Read 4641 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio Asylum article on quantum mechanics and oversampling

Reply #1
Too bad it didn't evolve 
TAPE LOADING ERROR

Reply #2
"Any attempt to adjust electrons must damage the original intent of the CD producer."

Be careful, what you are reading right now might not be what I intended to say if any electrons were adjusted.

Reply #3
The fact that the post didn't evolve, is the proof that even people at audio asylum are not taking it seriously.

I  wonder how many people are able to answer muralman1 last question:
Now, that is my experience. I am wondering if anyone has noticed the same thing

Most people will give up after reading few lines.

On a positive side, it seems you are free to post any audiophile BS  at audio asylum ....
The more we are crazy, the more there can be some fun.

Reply #4
"Music is just a form of electromagnetic radiation that happens to be audible when waved into the room by a transducer."

I didn't know that sound could propagate through a vacuum.  How revolutionary!

Reply #5
"Music is just a form of electromagnetic radiation that happens to be audible when waved into the room by a transducer."

I didn't know that sound could propagate through a vacuum.  How revolutionary!

A vibrating string over a resonating wooden box produces electromagnetic radiation?  I did not know that.

Muralman also claims, "Anyone can put their ear to my ribbons and hear nothing but pure music."  Don't know about that, but anyone who reads his posts might hear the sound of a cuckoo clock.

Reply #6
On a positive side, it seems you are free to post any audiophile BS  at audio asylum ....
The more we are crazy, the more there can be some fun.

I have no urge for this sort of thing.  We're already seeing a new trend of increase influx of audiophiles (the crazy ones) stopping in here with TOS-violating first posts.  Wasting my time mocking them on their turf seems like it would encourage more crap to flow our direction.  No thank you.

Reply #7
It's one of the great ironies of Audio Asylum that the nausea-inducing snake oil flows the thickest on the digital and computer audio forums. The vinyl and music forums are, comparatively, quite sane.

Really, it's not even worth bothering trying to catalog this stuff. It happens every day and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it except to give it more brain bandwidth than it probably deserves.

Reply #8
Seemed to be sarcasm to me.
LMAO