Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "The Beatles From 1970 Until 1981" PROJECT (Read 4558 times) previous topic - next topic

"The Beatles From 1970 Until 1981" PROJECT

Dear Friends,

We created a 'possible' discography for THE BEATLES from 1970 until 1981, including hits from their solo carears. It resulted in 12 'new' albuns (and of course, a double one: The Black Album). The corresponding artwork for each album was also created, as if they had been released by the Fab Four, 1 album per year.

You can check the results at http://****, and if you want to discuss and contribute, you can also find us at our Orkut Community at http://www.orkut.com.br/**** .

Best Regards,
Maxwell S.H.

Reply #1
While it's probably not appropriate for HA, I think the only copyright violation on those pages is the inclusion of original photographs, in edited and montaged form, in the newly created artwork. There's no copyrighted music in the links AFAICT. The assumption is that fans already own the albums these tracks are taken from (or, I suppose, will download them - but not from these links).

As steel sharpens steel, so all the Beatles lost their edge after they split (IMO). One best of album would do for me! <David runs away from angry fans>.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #2
How are bootlegs not copyrighted material? That is news to me and wikipedia.

Reply #3
How are bootlegs not copyrighted material?
When there are no bootlegs to download!

(I only checked what I assume was the first link).

Cheers,
David.

Reply #4
How are bootlegs not copyrighted material?
When there are no bootlegs to download!

(I only checked what I assume was the first link).

Cheers,
David.

this is a point that we (creators of above site) would like to understand better and even discuss to more experienced people: there is no bootleg in above collection,and all photos were collected in extensive google searches, and edited in the form of art.
we dont think there is any copyright violation in that, since, obviously we and all people that may download the links own the original music, but not arranjed in the form that we did.
comments, please.

Reply #5
Sincere apologies to Jan S - I was wrong - the music is all there, so obviously shouldn't be linked from HA.

we dont think there is any copyright violation in that, since, obviously we and all people that may download the links own the original music
Now you're being almost as silly as I was! If you own them already, you don't need to download them - just take your existing CDs, rip them, and re-arrange the track listing to match.

Anyway, this thread belongs in the bin.

Cheers,
David.