Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The masters of the Beatles remasters CNN (Read 2609 times) previous topic - next topic

The masters of the Beatles remasters CNN

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/0...s.remasters.pdf

Interesting comments.

Rouse: When they were originally transferred to CD in 1986, digital technology was in its
infancy and the gap of 22 years has allowed for a great increase in that technology. So
the transfers are far superior now, and that was before we actually did any work to
them.

CNN: Would you agree the [early] CD era actually took away the richness of the music,
and now we have moved beyond that and are going back to the original, or is that just a
lot of …
Rouse: No, I still think that probably the CDs aren’t up to the sound vinyl gives us, but
it is the CD that we have got. So we have to make do with that as it stands at the
moment. And I would like to think that what the guys have attempted to do is to make
it sound more acceptable in that format.

Rouse:...So from that point of view, one of the things that is a contentious audio problem today
is limiting, “brick-wall limiting,” which is making the music as loud as you possibly can.
And you make it louder than somebody else’s so yours sticks out a little bit more. For
something like the Beatles, a band from the ’60s, it would have been inappropriate to
have given it that treatment, but we have made them slightly louder. So that they are
at least slightly contemporary for today but certainly not as loud as the more
contemporary bands. But the monos we haven’t, for example. The monos remain
unlimited.

Rouse: The thing about loudness in terms of today and modern bands is that quite
frankly, some bands are probably writing their music and they actually hear that sound.
It’s probably fine. There is no problem with a modern band wanting perhaps to use that.

The masters of the Beatles remasters CNN

Reply #1
Thanks for sharing. As a musician the last paragraph sure made me think.