Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lyrics and streams , cover problem (Read 3779 times) previous topic - next topic

lyrics and streams , cover problem

hey guys.. first to my problem:

I mostly download the covers via itunes (ctrl+a -> right click -> get covers).. but somehow foobar doesnt see all the covers :/
why and how to fix it? :x
is there a manual way in foobar to art covers? like i add to one song of the michael jackson album a cover and foobar will take that one for all songs of that album?

1nd thing is:
can i somehow see lyrics and sync them with the stream i´m listening too? guess not

thx bb

Reply #1
foobar shows covers if you save them in the folder with your musicfiles, as folder or front or cover.jpg or png or bmp, it will also show embedded covers.

Lyrics can be shown when you save them to your tags. If, for example, you save your lyrics to the lyrics tag, you can show them by using %lyrics% or $if2(%lyrics%,Not available) in a panel that can display text (for DUI foo_textdisplay). Columns UI has a panel called foo_uie_lyrics. That one can show synced lyrics, but you also need to find synced lyrics for that. When listening to streams it can be difficult though, as you need to find the lyrics while playing the stream and show them, automatically. Don't know if that's possible.

Reply #2
i add to one song of the michael jackson album a cover and foobar will take that one for all songs of that album?
That would work only if you're not embedding the artwork but store it on your disk and name it appropriately, AFAIK.

If you use CUI, as Mar2zz said, foo_uie_lyrics can automatically retrieve the lyrics for you and works fine for streams too, as long as they broadcast the correct title and artist for each track.

HTH.

Alessandro

Reply #3
hm well my media libary is the itunes library.. and there it isnt sorted by albums .. its sorted by song name.. so i would have to put that cover.jpg in every folder/song.. i thought more about just nameing it like "michael-jackson.jpg" and set this as a cover from a whole album.. right click a song and say everything which is in the same album like this song should have this cover.

How ever is there a way to set a random image which will be used as cover for all songs which dont have a cover?

thanks

@edit:
okay just found out my ituns library folder is pretty good organized.. still it sucks to manually add all the covers :x

Reply #4
why itunes and foobar? I'd say, choose foobar and we show how deep the rabbit hole goes  .

Let foobar organize your library folder. use fileoperations to move/reorganize everything at once with a few mouseclicks!! to %album artist%/%album%/%tracknumber. %title% (or a preferred variation on that).

Then, use Album Art Downloader XUI to batch operate your entire libary to search for albumart, and let it save stuff as folder or cover.jpg in every folder that hasn't got album art.

A random image for songs that don't have a cover isn't possible, but you can choose an image that will show when no cover is found. Set it at Preferences > Advanced > Display > Image to display...

Reply #6
i need itunes for my iphone..
the problem is -> if i add albums for foobar, itunes wont dedect it.. and same the other way :/

@mobyduck how can i do this with cui and foo_uie_albumart? and what is cui ?

Reply #7
how can i do this with cui and foo_uie_albumart? and what is cui ?
CUI stands for Columns UI, an alternative user interface (while DUI stands for Default UI).

Here you can find some example of CUI config, if you are interested.

foo_uie_albumart is a plugin for CUI. Be warned though: it's labelled as Problematic Component but I've been using it for years without problems.

It has some nifty features, one of which is the possibility to cycle through your sources using a wildcard pattern matching (hope I'm making some sense here ): this can be configured to automatically switch, for example, between front and back, among your no-cover images or even for streams if you like. See here for further details and feel free to ask if you need more info.

Regards.

Alessandro

Reply #8
awesome
thanks alot and greets from italy (vacation in bibione atm)

how ever i wonder where itunes saved the covers? cause i could let foobar check the itunes cover folders?

btw my source list looks like this now:

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover.*
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)front.*
--components\default.JPG
--default.*

@edit: is there a way to move a .mp3 which i open into a special playlist? cause i have a playlist opened, open some other .mp3 from a folder and my whole playlist gets overwritten by this one song :/

@edit2: i downloaded chronflow but how can i add it to my foobar layout?

Reply #9
somehow i cant edit the upper post.. however i can add chronflow but not the way i like it.

i got some tabs: "lyric show", biographic,spheck,album list

now i want there another tab with chronflow

when pressing one of these tabs the field below changes to what the tab includes.

dont know how to do this :x

Reply #10
awesome
thanks alot and greets from italy (vacation in bibione atm)
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your holidays here.
how ever i wonder where itunes saved the covers? cause i could let foobar check the itunes cover folders?
I don't use iTunes: I think it embeds the cover in the file.
is there a way to move a .mp3 which i open into a special playlist?
Preferences -> General -> Always send new files to playlist

HTH.

Alessandro

Reply #11
thanks

still need someone who could maybe tell me on how to automatically use the covers from itunes

and also i still dont know how to add chronflow to my layout without fucking it up  live edit splits the whole layout in 2 pieces..