Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Count Player?...Help? (Read 3156 times) previous topic - next topic

Count Player?...Help?

I really don't understand how you set this up, I know the tags and what not, but how do you add it so it's in playlist view?

I have Foobar v.0.9.5.1

Here's a picture of my preferences >_> I don't understand where to add anything.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6601/fbpref.png

If anyone could help me set this up correctly...thanks ^^

P.S. What are some other good plugins? I only have: foo_count & foo_wlm

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #1
I don't know if I understood you right, you want track's play count in playlist?

If yes, add a new entry under "Custom Columns" with Name like "Play Count" and Pattern "%play_count%".
Then right-click on the playlist columns header and make sure the new column is checked/enabled.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #2
I've tried that, but it comes up as a question mark :/.

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #3
Is "Playback Statistics" component listed under Preferences > Components?
Are the relevant tracks under one of the configured Media Library directories?

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #4
Is "Playback Statistics" component listed under Preferences > Components?
Are the relevant tracks under one of the configured Media Library directories?

1) No, only play count.

2) What does that even mean >_>?

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #5
Yeah, so you're not using the official Playback Statistics component. I should have known also because of the "Tools/Play Count" in the screenshot, but I was blind. Nevertheless I don't know how that should be used, sorry.

The second question deals with what's set under Preferences > Media Library. Files located in folders added to Media Library are remembered in foobar2000's database for fast access. And various statistics are often remembered only for the tracks in the database too (unless they are written to each file's tags).

Count Player?...Help?

Reply #6
the component is called foo_playcount. When you have that, it monitors all tracks you play that are inside the folders that are set under Preferences > Medialibrary > Music Folders.

Whenever you play a song from those set locations playcount will give it a count. you can show that count by adding %play_count% to custom columns at the location of your screenshot. Then add that column (rightclick the columns at the top of your playlist and add the one you set %play_count% in, and you will see the amount of plays for every monitored song.