Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I give you oggdropXP!! (Read 10318 times) previous topic - next topic

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #25
rjamorim are they up on your server? The oggdrop executables that john33 has just made.

Thanks
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #26
Now they are.
And the new sources are there too.

Regards;

Roberto.

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #27
Thank You for your speedy service :cool:rjamorim:cool: and :cool:john33:cool:.

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #28
I'm using john33's latest version of oggdrop, (oggdropc1.exe). No matter what quality setting I put it on the moment it begins to encode it changes to 438.2 on the display and then back to what I had it set on (which was 192). When I look at the file it has actually encoded it with a nominal bitrate of 498.

Thinking it might be a problem with my reg file because of all the different versions I've been using I opened it up and deleted the oggdrop key, yet the problem still continues.

Anyone got any ideas? :confused:

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #29
Hey I got my OggDrop to do what crowfax has just posted b4 this post. When I try to encode at 192Kbits the dang thing goes back to 128Kbits. Any suggestions?? And yes the encoded files is set at 128Kbit. Please help!!!

Thanks
AgentMil

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #30
I've already e-mailed John so that he can take a look at your bug reports.

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #31
I think I found the problem. It seems ogg quality settings for ogg drop are going only up by one decimal place.

If you look in registry, values of 1  to 100 in hex there theoretically you can only assign values to one decimal place.

An example is 6.2 would read as 62 in decimal and in registry as 3e. Therefore by adding the 2nd decimal place you completely screw oggdrops decimal placings eg. 6.25 becomes 625 which is far beyond oggdrop limit of 100.

john33 I think you need to expand the decimal placing in the quality key in the oggdrop registry, to be able to accept values from 1 to 1000, therefore allowing the two decimals places after. (eg. 1 = 1 and 1000 = 10.00)

Cheers
AgentMil

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #32
Sorry guys, I confirm the problem. Give me a short time and I will fix it. Can't think how this happenned, but I'll fix it v. soon.

Bitrates are OK, just quality I seem to have screwed up!:mad:

john33

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #33
OK, fixed versions have been uploaded to Roberto, so should be there some time soon. The revised source will be there too for anyone who wants it.

Yes, the registry entry for the quality value needs to be increased, but it does that automatically the first time you change the quality value. All it was, was a simple case of forgetting to change the divisor in a calculation from 10 to 100, having gone to 4 significant digits for the quality level.

Sorry about that!

john33

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #34
Any chance you feel up to the task off adding support for replaygain tagging that Garf implemented in Vorbis into Oggdrop?  Something like dropping a folder of wavs onto oggdrop, encoding them and then performing replaygain ananylsys and tagging on them?  If not then perhaps I'll have to dig up my old Visual Basic skills (no laughing please) to draw something up.  Any thought?  Oh and thanks for the great work you've been putting into oggdrop already.

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #35
Thank you very much john33!!! Your dedication to this is very much appreciated by and me and the rest of users of Project Mayhem.

Cheers
AgentMil

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #36
Thanks guys, it's nice to be appreciated:D

I've not really looked at the replaygain stuff of Garf's yet, so I can't comment at the moment.

However, I have cooked up what will probably become the new oggdropXP. It's looking like the official version will be a 'quality only' version. My new version is basically a putting together of the current version and the old XP version. I t has what's in the current one, but with the addition of being able to enter a quality value directly in to the text box. When I'm satisfied there are NO bugs, I'll release it!! I'm too embarrased about the recent buggy versions to let you have it yet!!!

With luck, it will probably appear later today; I'll let you know.

john33

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #37
HEHE buggy versions, but at least yours aren't life and security threatening, like some company software (/V$). Still its great that you provide us users with a version that is according to me is perfect (except for the bugs).

Cheers and THANKS
AgentMil

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #38
The new version has just been uploaded to Roberto, so it should be available, in all colour options, soon at a friendly site near you!!(http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/ ).

Roberto was my official tester, so you can shoot him if you find a problem!!

If there are any further 'enhancements' I will let you know, but for the moment, subject to there being no 'bugs', that's about it.

Have fun!!

john33

I give you oggdropXP!!

Reply #39
Originally posted by john33
Roberto was my official tester, so you can shoot him if you find a problem!! 

Poor, pitiful me... 

Files are there.

Regards;

Roberto.