Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin for All Music Guide Genre/Mood Tagging? (Read 4137 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin for All Music Guide Genre/Mood Tagging?

Hi

I really like the very informational Music-Archive of All Music Guide http://www.allmusic.com/
It offers not only a very comprehensive music overview with Artist, Genre, Albums, etc. but als a couple of mood-tags for each artist/album.

My question: is there a way/plugin, to automatically takeover this valuable information into file tags with foobar? I could not find anything with a quick search here in the forum.

Thanks for your feedback
McMusic

Reply #1
It doesn't exist. There used to be a script for mp3tag that could do the job, but IIRC, they were asked to take the script down. Someone might still have it though .

Reply #2
I have working Python code that scrapes an AMG album page. ATM it just gathers the data and prints it.

I was planning to develop something like what you describe, but don't have the time. Anyone willing to develop this further is welcome to PM me.

Reply #3
hello,

i am very interested too, to see a plugin, that takes information from allmusic.com
i am thinking of a plugin, that writes the "genre", "style" and "mood" of the albumartist in 3 specified tags and "genre", "stlye", "mood" and "theme" of the album into 4 other specified tags.

if i tag music-colection with these information, i can create very special playlists  (style, mood,...)

who can help us ?
who is interested too ?

kind regards
northwall

Reply #4
foo_lyricsgrabber, the latest version uses customizable pythonscripts. Some people are allready creating scripts to scrape other stuff then lyrics. Ask there or create yourself?