Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping with accurate rip, the number after confidence (Read 3425 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping with accurate rip, the number after confidence

Code: [Select]
Track  3

Filename C:\Rips\03 - Remote Viewing 3.wav

Pre-gap length  0:00:02.00

Peak level 100.0 %
    Track quality 100.0 %
    Test CRC 6850E4EC
    Copy CRC 6850E4EC
    Accurately ripped (confidence 6)  [[b]7E89AD95[/b]]
    Copy OK

can someone explain what that bolded number/letter combo is?

Reply #1
The number you have in bold is an AccurateRip hash value or checksum.  It was calculated from the track from your CD and compared with one submitted by other people (6 in this case) to an external database.  In your case, the comparison resulted in a match.

http://www.accuraterip.com/

Reply #2
see thats where i'm confused :S

i thought this was the checksum "CRC 6850E4EC"

Reply #3
While the checksums generated by EAC are of the standard CRC32 variety (with the option to omit samples in either the left or right channel that have zero amplitude), the checksums for AR are calculated using a different algorithm.

Reply #4
EAC and AccurateRip each calculate their own checksums, and they don't do it the same way, so their values are different. EAC's checksum is only useful to compare successive rips that you make, where AccurateRip's checksum is compared to what other have gotten.

Edit: greynol beat me.

Reply #5
thank you for the replies