Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_copynpaste (Read 8030 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_copynpaste

Description: Lets you copy selected items from the playlist to the clipboard, and paste them into the playlist. (doh...)

Commands in main menu:
- Playlist/Cut locations: copies selected entries to the clipboard and removes them from the playlist.
- Playlist/Copy locations: copies selected playlist entries to the clipboard.
- Playlist/Paste locations: if the clipboard contains playlist entries, they are added to the playlist.

Commands in the contextmenu:
- Cut locations [only for playlist]: same as in main menu
- Copy locations: copies selected entries to the clipboard, works also for lists other than the playlist (e.g. the result list in foo_dbsearch).
- Paste locations [only for playlist]: same as in main menu

Download location: for now this plugin is only available in foosion_pack-0.7b27.zip, which contains all of my plugins compiled for Foobar2000 0.7 beta 27.

edit: fixed typo

foo_copynpaste

Reply #1
Thanks, I actually wanted that

Do you think maybe you could add some kind of "Add to copied items" since its easier for me than highlighting files all over my playlist..

Thanks again for your great plugins..

foo_copynpaste

Reply #2
Feel like adding "Insert locations"? (before / after the currently highlighted track(s))
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_copynpaste

Reply #3
Yikes! You're developing way too much to be healthy it seems .

Neat plugin - quite useful. I agree with musicmusic that it would be even more useful if you could add to the current items in the clipboard.

The foo_vis_simple_spectrum is quite useful too, as it proves helpful in reverse engineering synth settings for input into various softsynths. would be nice if it were resizable though.

foo_copynpaste

Reply #4
foo_copynpaste 0.2

Changes:
- added "Collect locations" to answer musicmusic's request
- added "Insert locations" to answer ssamadhi97's request

Download link:
foo_copynpaste-0.2.zip (the plugin)
foo_copynpaste-0.2-src.zip (the sources)

foosion_pack-0.7b27.zip has also been updated to contain the latest version of this plugin.

for great justice!

foo_copynpaste

Reply #5
Thanks

(Edit: im not sure about this, but something is severly messing up my foobar

If I collect some locations, clear playlist, paste them a few times, clear again, and go add directory, and add my music dir again foobar will sometimes crash in different ways.. if you dont thik its from this foosion ill try and work out what it is..)

foo_copynpaste

Reply #6
Now foo_copynpaste seems crash foobar every time I use the plugin.
Code: [Select]
The instruction at "0x77f5b2ab" reference memory at "0x251c0017". The memory could not be "read".

WinXP, foobar2000b27

Edit: OT, but your visualization can't handle scanning at all. It starts flashing.
Anyway, I still really like the foosion_pack alot 

foo_copynpaste

Reply #7
There may well be an error in foo_copynpaste, though I can't reproduce what you experienced . Sorry, but I don't have time to investigate this now.

foo_copynpaste

Reply #8
this is great... does it work in foobar 0.667... I requested this feature a while ago as it'll really help when streaming music to friends, using a 2nd foobar to test stream and find next songs to add to broadcasting foobar... sadly as oddcast only works with 0.667 (is this still true?) i have to use that version on the broadcasting foobar.. so if your copy/paste doesn't work in it i'll have to wait

Great stuff though

foo_copynpaste

Reply #9
The crash bug hath been fix'd.

<removed obsolete links>

Oh yeah, foosion says "hi" 

foo_copynpaste

Reply #10
Thanks

foo_copynpaste

Reply #11
this is great... does it work in foobar 0.667... I requested this feature a while ago as it'll really help when streaming music to friends, using a 2nd foobar to test stream and find next songs to add to broadcasting foobar... sadly as oddcast only works with 0.667 (is this still true?) i have to use that version on the broadcasting foobar.. so if your copy/paste doesn't work in it i'll have to wait

Great stuff though

I don't know about the oddcast thing, but here is a version of foo_copynpaste for fb 0.6x:
foo_copynpaste-0.2u.zip (plugin)
foo_copynpaste-0.2u-src.zip (source code)

Notes:
1) The main menu commands are called "Components/Playlist/x" instead of "Playlist/x" as in the 0.7x version. The context menu commands for cut, paste, and insert appear in every context menu that uses the contextmenu service (like the result list of foo_dbsearch), though they always change the playlist.
2) The "u" is for "unsupported" as I won't maintain the 0.6x port, porting a plugin from 0.7x to 0.6x was messy enough.
3) You can copy selections with duplicate items from 0.6x to 0.7x. However, if you transfer them in the other direction, duplicates are removed. As far as I can tell, this is caused by minor differences between 0.6x and 0.7x (and possibly by the duplicates related bug posted by ssamadhi97 in the 0.7 beta thread).

foo_copynpaste

Reply #12
updated compile of copynpaste:

<removed obsolete link>

:B

foo_copynpaste

Reply #13
foosion, when i use collect locations on a few items, foobar gives me this:

ERROR (CORE) : handle_release called on object with 0 references

thanks in advance..

foo_copynpaste

Reply #14

thanks in advance..

Reproduced, Paste/Insert locations are also affected. Well, while I'm at it, I might as well check why Insert locations does not work on an empty playlist.

foo_copynpaste

Reply #15

thanks in advance..

Reproduced, Paste/Insert locations are also affected.

fixed in foo_copynpaste 0.2.2

Well, while I'm at it, I might as well check why Insert locations does not work on an empty playlist.

Silly me, those context menu commands do not work on an empty playlist, not even when they're bound to a hot key. Use the commands from the playlist menu for hotkeys.

Edit: Corrected plugin name. Of course I didn't mean foo_history. Perhaps I should merge all my plugins into one to avoid such confusion on my side in the future (j/k).

foo_copynpaste

Reply #16
fixed in foo_history 0.2.2

Thanks, but I think you meant foo_copynpaste

foo_copynpaste

Reply #17
foo_copynpaste 0.2.4

[0.2.4]
2003-10-01
- fixed stupid bug when reading the clipboard
  (reader_mem instead of reader_mem_temp,
  I seem to remember that I fixed this before?!)

[0.2.3]
2003-09-30
- added support for foo_dbsearch 0.11.3 domain interface

The aforementioned bug affected collecting and pasting locations.

foo_copynpaste

Reply #18
foo_copynpaste 0.2.5

I got fed up with the clutter in my contextmenu. The contextmenu commands of foo_copynpaste are now located in a submenu called "Edit".

download link: plugin, source code