Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_logitech_lcd (Read 169478 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #100
Hi,

When I listen to a song over a stream it doesn't update the song name (it will say the station name). Can this be fixed?
(I'm listening to streams from di.fm)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #101
A few people have mentioned this issue - it's a general issue with streaming audio/dynamic tags.

Yes it can be fixed and there will be a fix at some stage (hopefully soon).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #102
Hi,

Sorry for asking a question that was asked already and thanks for your answer. I can't wait till it'll be fixed, untill then I'm using an older plugin that does seem to do the job, even though it's a little sloppy.

Keep up the good work, much respected and appreciated!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #103
Running:
WinXp Sp3
Logitech Setpoint 4.70.213
FB 0.9.6.9
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 RP

I have an MX5000 keyboard with Display.

I loaded the foo_logitech_lcd.dll but I am getting errors.
Here is Console Paste
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 629): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 563): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDDisplay.cpp, CLCDDisplay::Initialise, 61): Failed to create LCD object. Plugin will be unavailable.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::threadProc, 128): Could not initialise LCD. Plugin will be unavailable.

Any Ideas
Thanks

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #104
Unfortunately the MX5000 is not supported. Sorry.

Lack of support is due to the lack of an SDK from Logitech, I have tried to contact Logitech about supporting older keyboards like this and the DiNovo line, but have not yet received a response, and since they are all now discontinued it seems unlikely that any support will be forthcoming.

Currently only recent LCDs that use the "Logitech LCD Manager" software are supported - I would like to support others, but this will only happen with help from Logitech.

Not that it helps, but if I had realised quite how many products I would be unable to support I would probably have come up with another name for the component.

If there is any change to what the component supports it will be posted here.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #105
Thanks for quick response ectotropic

crappy ms media player put info in mx5000 lcd.. not a big deal just kinda cool

Thanks for your efforts!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #106
crappy ms media player put info in mx5000 lcd..

Yeah, that's cause Logitech support it themselves - they also support WinAmp and others I believe.

I will continue to try to support as many LCDs as I can, but it all depends on getting the required support from the manufacturers. I'll let you know if I hear anything!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #107
A tip for those who use Logitech Z-10 speaker. The default driver (LCD Manager 1.04) listed on the logitech's Z-10 support site is outdated, the newer driver for G-15 (LCD Manager 3.03) will work fine with Logitech Z-10. Without the newer driver foo_logitech_lcd will not load.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #108
A tip for those who use Logitech Z-10 speaker...

Thanks for that Waz - I added the information as a note to the 1st post.

On a related note, as I promised, I tried to go back to an older version of the SDK, however the older SDKs have no support for colour screens so I'm forced to use the most recent SDK. This means people with Z-10s or Dell Laptops will need to install the latest G15 software if they want to get the component working - or can stick with foo_g15lcd instead.

In other news:

New version available - primarily bug fixes, and internal changes - all the recently raised problems should be fixed, including crashes, dynamic track information and font not being selected correctly for progress bar. If anyone had a problem with the previous version, I'd greatly appreciated if they could check with the latest and see if it is now fixed (and let me know).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #109
I've been trying to get this to work for a while now and I don't know how I am supposed to get the logitech LCD software to recognize it. I am on the G15 (Orange one) if it's relevant. It's probably just something simple that I haven't done yet, but I copy and pasted the .dll to the components folder in preferences I can change the settings for the "Logitech LCD", however it doesn't show up on the LCD and it doesn't show up on the "Logitech LCD manager" software as part of the list of programs. I read the readme and searched a bit and couldn't find any more instructions aside from putting the .dll into the component folder, am I doing something wrong here?

~Thanks for the help

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #110
I've been trying to get this to work for a while now and I don't know how I am supposed to get the logitech LCD software to recognize it...

It sounds like you have done everything correctly, so my guess would be that you are not using the latest version of the Logitech drivers/software (it's certainly the most likely cause given all you have described) - but I could be wrong.

To find out more about what is going wrong, check the foobar console (View->Console) and look for lines that relate to the component (should be obvious which ones those are) and let me know what it says.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #111
I've been trying to get this to work for a while now and I don't know how I am supposed to get the logitech LCD software to recognize it...

It sounds like you have done everything correctly, so my guess would be that you are not using the latest version of the Logitech drivers/software (it's certainly the most likely cause given all you have described) - but I could be wrong.

To find out more about what is going wrong, check the foobar console (View->Console) and look for lines that relate to the component (should be obvious which ones those are) and let me know what it says.

Updating it worked, apparently they're auto update button is either broken or never worked.

Is there a way to make it so when I am on another application I can go to this one for a set period of time when the song changes?

~Thanks for the help.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #112
Updating it worked, apparently they're auto update button is either broken or never worked.

I've never found the auto update to work - I think it's probably never has done. What the point of it is then I have no idea...

Anyway, glad you got it working in the end.

Is there a way to make it so when I am on another application I can go to this one for a set period of time when the song changes?

I've not consciously added such functionality, though thinking about it there may be a combination of options that will do it as it stands - I'll have a look. If there is no way currently I'll certainly add it!:)

~Thanks for the help.

np - glad to be of assistance

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #113
Heey,

I use the latest version.
I noticed one thing, sometimes I can't get any of the visualisations on. I noticed that this only happens when the %bitrate% of the track isn't constant.
Then it doesn't automaticly switch to the visualisations, and the buttons also don't work. It just stays on the trackinfo page.
I don't get any errors in the console.

Also is it possible to add colors to the VU meter foobar?
Maybe fill up the foobar logo with a color that depends on the music or something, it would be cool I think

Great addon, use it every day

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #114
I noticed one thing, sometimes I can't get any of the visualisations on. I noticed that this only happens when the %bitrate% of the track isn't constant. Then it doesn't automaticly switch to the visualisations, and the buttons also don't work. It just stays on the trackinfo page.

D'oh!

Some questions:
I take it from what you are saying this new for 0.4.0?
Do you happen to have the bitrate displayed on the track info page?
Also if you move to another track which has constant bitrate does it fix itself?

If The answer to the first two is yes then I think I know what is causing it - and I think removing the bitrate from the track info page should stop it, but I'd be interested to know if that actually does fix it.

If it is what I think it is (constantly changing bitrate causing problems with the dynamic tags stuff I added), then a fix is going to be tricky - but I'll figure something out.

Also is it possible to add colors to the VU meter foobar?
Maybe fill up the foobar logo with a color that depends on the music or something, it would be cool I think

Possible? Yes.
Cool? Yes.
Easy? No.
Which is why it has not been done so far! I'll have another look at the possibilities for it, but I'm not sure it will happen - sorry!

Great addon, use it every day

Cool! I'm happy people are finding it useful - wouldn't be so much fun doing it otherwise

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #115
Some questions:
I take it from what you are saying this new for 0.4.0?
Do you happen to have the bitrate displayed on the track info page?
Also if you move to another track which has constant bitrate does it fix itself?

Yes I use 0.4.0.
Yes I have the bitrate displayed on the track info page
And Yes, when I go to next track with a constant bitrate the visualisations "magicly" come back again

When i remove bitrate from the track info it works again
Then I just remove the bitrate because I rather have a nice visualisation then a (maybe useless to display) bitrate

Possible? Yes.
Cool? Yes.
Easy? No.
Which is why it has not been done so far! I'll have another look at the possibilities for it, but I'm not sure it will happen - sorry!

Ah I hoped it was an easy fix, when it's too much work it isn't worth the effort I think

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #116
When i remove bitrate from the track info it works again
Then I just remove the bitrate because I rather have a nice visualisation then a (maybe useless to display) bitrate

Ok - that makes sense, I might be able to fix it so you can have the bitrate there again, but at least you have the visualisations back

Ah I hoped it was an easy fix, when it's too much work it isn't worth the effort I think

I'm not really sure how much work it is - there might yet be an easy fix for it, I just have to brush up on my Windows programming knowledge is all. I'll certainly keep it in mind, so you might see it in a later version yet!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #117
Just posting here to give a big thanks to ectotropic for creating such a great plugin. I am currently using it with Win7 pro and my new g15 and it works great.

Does anyone know how to get the song change buttons to work? They work if foobar is the active application, however if I am web surfing and I want to change the song I need to go into foobar first, but would prefer to just press the button.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #118
Just posting here to give a big thanks to ectotropic for creating such a great plugin. I am currently using it with Win7 pro and my new g15 and it works great.

Thanks - glad you like it!

Does anyone know how to get the song change buttons to work? They work if foobar is the active application, however if I am web surfing and I want to change the song I need to go into foobar first, but would prefer to just press the button.

You need to make the hot keys global in foobar preferences (File->Preferences, General->Keyboard Shortcuts). If you want more infomation - a quick forum search for "media hotkeys" brings up a fair number of results, of which this is perhaps the most useful for G15/G19 owners.

Note that the functionality of these keys is built into foobar and is not part of foo_logitech_lcd, so if you have problems with them or want more help then you probably want to post to the main foobar subforum.

Hope that helps!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #119
Thanks a lot, that fixed it. When I googled for a g15 foobar add on I thought it would be a long shot and was surprised to find one that worked so easily.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #120
Hey, thanks for this plugin, it's awesome. There's a small bug I found in the latest version (0.40) with track times - sometimes they aren't displayed correctly. I have a song that displays correctly as 6:00 long in foobar, but on the LCD it shows as 5:60. Semi-relatedly, I just watched the current time on the LCD go from 0:58 to 0:59 then to 0:60, then to 1:01, but I can only get it to reproduce on this one song, not others. There must be a small glitch in the way you count/calculate track lengths

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #121
Hey, thanks for this plugin, it's awesome.

Thanks for the thanks!

There's a small bug I found in the latest version (0.40) with track times - sometimes they aren't displayed correctly. I have a song that displays correctly as 6:00 long in foobar, but on the LCD it shows as 5:60. Semi-relatedly, I just watched the current time on the LCD go from 0:58 to 0:59 then to 0:60, then to 1:01, but I can only get it to reproduce on this one song, not others. There must be a small glitch in the way you count/calculate track lengths

I don't see the problem, 60 seconds in a minute right?

Ooops!

Ok - I think I know what the problem is; rounding error with the new code I added to stop it occasionally jumping seconds - should have it fixed by the next version.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #122
Just joined the forums to say thanks for taking the effort to develop this, I've been using Foobar for years and it looks great on my keyboard! something actually useful for that damn little screen  works a charm, Thanks.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #123
I found this problem when using the new 0.4.0:
Code: [Select]
GamePanel Software (Version 3.02.173)
-------------------------------------
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 629): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 563): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDDisplay.cpp, CLCDDisplay::Initialise, 61): Failed to create LCD object. Plugin will be unavailable.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::threadProc, 128): Could not initialise LCD. Plugin will be unavailable.

However, after upgrading to version 3.03.133, it appears to work fine.

I found an issue with the dynamic titles. If you toggle "Display Info On Song Change" or "To Background On Stop/Pause" while a dynamic titled track is running, then the title will revert back to the default text (e.g., whatever the generic title for the streaming station is) until the title changes again. I suspect this behavior will happen when changing any of the LCD options, but since it takes ~3 minutes for the station to change titles, it's kinda difficult to test all possibilities. (I assume it has to do with your "all changes happen immediately" code.)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #124
Quote from: Guranga link=msg=0 date=
Just joined the forums to say thanks for taking the effort to develop this, I've been using Foobar for years and it looks great on my keyboard! something actually useful for that damn little screen  works a charm, Thanks.

Great to hear - cheers!

Quote from: Da_FileServer link=msg=0 date=
I found this problem when using the new 0.4.0...However, after upgrading to version 3.03.133, it appears to work fine.

That's annoying!  I had upgraded to the new SDK in the hopes that they had fixed some of the on-going issues with it - but they haven't - I certainly didn't expect the new SDK to require the latest drivers. Sigh. I'll roll back the SDK - easy done, and nothing lost.

Quote from: Da_FileServer link=msg=0 date=
I found an issue with the dynamic titles. If you toggle "Display Info On Song Change" or "To Background On Stop/Pause" while a dynamic titled track is running, then the title will revert back to the default text (e.g., whatever the generic title for the streaming station is) until the title changes again. I suspect this behavior will happen when changing any of the LCD options, but since it takes ~3 minutes for the station to change titles, it's kinda difficult to test all possibilities. (I assume it has to do with your "all changes happen immediately" code.)

It's likely that a lot of options will cause this same behaviour, but it's not something that will be "fixed" as such - not really too big an issue IMO (how often does anyone change preferences anyway?), though even if it was a larger issue I'm not sure there is much that can be done due to the way dynamic track info works. However the new preferences stuff that is coming with foobar v1.0 will change things so that options will no longer update immediately, instead requiring the pressing of an "apply" or "ok" button, which might help a bit (at least once I build a v1.0 compatible version of the component).

Thanks for the bug reports (and thorough testing) - very much appreciated!