• I don't encode to MP3.
    119 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 718

Topic: What bitrate do you use? (Read 88935 times) previous topic - next topic

• MI3
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #75
i use V0 mp3 or v2 sometimes , because i think that this bitrate has the best analogue between quality - size. i still prefer mp3 because the most players are compatible with them.

• Mark7
  • [*][*][*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #76
Nowadays i use FLAC -8. Extracting takes more time than encoding, so i see no reason to use -5. For my car and portable i reencode my flacs to LAME -V4. For audio in movies i use Nero aac 0.35 (with h264 CRF 18 for video). And I encode my jpegs in q86 without subsampling .

• list
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #77
loosy, using nero aac under 128kbit/s or aoTuV above 128 and flac mode 4 (normal) for ripping

• david.lisb
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #78
MP3 V0 & Flac -8

• serkan
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #79
I use mainly MP3 because of it's compatibility but also use OggVorbis once in a while. Both on the highest quality possible...

MP3 (LAME) = 320kbps CBR
Vorbis (aoTuV) = -q10 ≈ 500kbps

But I try to use lossless where possible (I even buy lossless music) and transcode them (where needed) to FLAC -5
  • Last Edit: 29 January, 2011, 07:50:32 AM by serkan
FLAC you...!

• Northpack
  • [*][*][*][*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #80
Vorbis (aoTuV) = -q10 ? 500kbps

That's really overkill. Vorbis isn't optimized for such high bitrates, so you probably only waste a lot of bits without gaining any audible benefits over, say, -q6. You should go for lossless at such bitrates or maybe LossyFLAC.
  • Last Edit: 29 January, 2011, 08:58:44 AM by Northpack

What bitrate do you use?
Reply #81
Nowadays, I'm using Ogg Vorbis, q5.0. Sounds fantastic at home and on my Sansa Clip+.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

• Maggi
  • [*][*][*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #82
FlaCuda -11 for archiving
LAME VBR V0 for daily usage
LAME VBR V5 for car stereo

• misterelie
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #83
I must seem like the oddball here.  For my LP transferring project, I've been using Apple Lossless for long term storage.  When I actually listen to something on the go (read: transfer to the iPod), I convert to AAC 256.

I live in a Mac household, so I have not found a way to make FLAC a convenient storing and streaming solution for my house.  With Apple Lossless, I can store, catalog, and stream everything around the house.

What bitrate do you use?
Reply #84
ogg vorbis LancerMod (SSE3) -q10 VBR

• Sorrow
  • [*]
What bitrate do you use?
Reply #85
I mostly use FLAC