Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need advice in setting up FB2K (Read 1680 times) previous topic - next topic

Need advice in setting up FB2K

itunes is perfect for organising my music but i'm fed up that it takes so long to load, over a minute even with 2gb ram, and often hangs or crashes and doesnt recognise my ipod is plugged in. mediamonkey and winamp are just awful with the thousands of useless artefacts they add on.

anyway, i've tried to google setting up foobar to do what i require but all the guides seem to be for older versions and no longer applicable. could you advise me, step by step, how to set up the following in fb2k 0.9.6.6?

-sync to ipod (classic 6th gen 120gb)
-view 'album artist' and 'genre' columns
-able to group compilations so they will be recognisable as so on ipod
-have playlists listed in a seperate panel
-search bar
-(not essential) some kind of podcast functionality
-(not essential) easily edit mp3 tags, although i usually do this in tag&rename

Reply #1
A little daunting to answer when you have so much in one topic.

As a start I would download http://foobar2000.audiohq.de/foo_facets/

Can you edit simple configuration? Such as using View > Layout > Quick Setup or Layout edit mode?

You should now be able to have a familiar look and feel. Work with that a bit and a few of your questions should answer themselves.

For more detailed help I would suggest separate topics for - well - separate topics.

terry

Reply #2
hmm, i downloaded that file and managed to change the look so that i had the genre column etc, although for some reason whenever i added an album nothing would show up, just three empty columns.

i get the feeling foobar is going to be too complicated for me. thanks for helping anyway!

Reply #3
For syncing to your iPod, you can use the iPod manager component. I don't know a lot about it, as I don't have an iPod myself, but it seems to be quite good.

Editing the tags for one or more songs is as simple as highlighting the songs and selecting Properties. There are a lot of advanced capabilities, and even an optional Masstagger component which lets you create simple (or not-so-simple) scripts for tagging a lot of songs in the same way.

Podcast functionality I'm not too sure about, but I thought I saw a forum topic about this at some point.

All the rest depends on which user interface you're using. You can do pretty much everything you're asking with either the Default User Interface or Columns UI, but the specifics are a little different for each one.