Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Resuming playback with foobar 0.9.6.6 (Read 2371 times) previous topic - next topic

Resuming playback with foobar 0.9.6.6

Did foobar change the way of handling paused tracks after an application restart when "Resume playback after restart" is active?

Background for my question:

If playback is paused and then I exit and restart foobar there is no hint that there is a paused track: the seekbar does not indicate that a few minutes of a file have been played already (its slider is on the very left position) and foobar's status bar displays only "Loading track.." instead of "paused" or something like this, there is no error message in the console.

Is this a normal behaviour and is my foobar okay? Unpausing resumes the playback normally but I am in a fret because I believe with foobar 0.9.6.5 the situation was differently.

I would be very glad for any answer.

f2k v0.9.6.6, CUI 0.3.7.2, win XP.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #1
Conditions I have with resume playback ticked. [i have never used this before]

Close foobar while playing. Reopen and playback starts as expected at previous position in track with all visible cues correct.

Pause Foobar and then close. Reopen and foobar does not play which I assume would be expected since it closed in 'pause' condition.
Visual cues missing.
Status bar = opening
Title bar = empty
Seekbar = slider missing.

Upon clicking pause, all returns to normal.

terry

Edit: DUI

Reply #2
This weird behavior is fixed in the next release.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
This weird behavior is fixed in the next release.

@ shakey_snake
Thank you very much for answering and confirming this.

@ tpijag,
thank you for your endorsement.

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.