Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: NG playlist: add horizontal scrollbar (Read 3969 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: NG playlist: add horizontal scrollbar

Hi all, my foobar configuration has been an ongoing work in progress and I've just about got it perfect. However, there is one last issue I'm dealing with and once again my search attempts proved fruitless.

Here's a pic of the config for reference: screenshot

Figure A is the main issue. For awhile I've been trying to find the right panel for the highlighted area, and I've decided I like a mini NG playlist view best. I don't like the way its been compacted in the smaller column (as opposed to figure B) and would like a horizontal scroll bar so i can scroll to the right if I want to see the would-be hidden information. Does such a column exist? Something that has configurable dimensions and and that can display the NG playlist (or any panel) without trying to fit it all into the given area. Keep in mind maximizing foobar is not the solution I'm looking for as I designed my foobar to be its current size.

The second issue is less important but in Figure B, the words Search are slightly cut off, and enlarging the area and maximizing didn't solve the problem. It's just me being nitpicky but if possible I'd like to fix it.

I may be willing to design a separate playlist view using another component like elplaylist or one of the others out there, but I'd much rather just add the scroll bar and not bloat my foobar with unnecessary components. Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance.

Reply #1
you can try adjusting the "width" in CUI preferences under playlist view > columns to any fixed value that you need, and than setting "size weight" to 0, so that the width value would stay fixed
also adjusting the width to your rating column and length column (which use unnecesary space) could help

Something that has configurable dimensions and and that can display the NG playlist (or any panel) without trying to fit it all into the given area.

panel stack splitter fits this description

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the panel stack splitter and its a step in the right direction. However, it doesn't offer a horizontal scroll bar or even a vertical one. I can scroll vertically using the mouse wheel so that's no issue but there's no way to scroll left and right. Otherwise its perfect.

Reply #3
then check "display column titles" in preferences > playlist view
right click on the column titles in NG playlist and uncheck "auto-sizing columns"
then you'll have horizontal scrollbar