Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List / Double clicking multiple selection (Read 2165 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List / Double clicking multiple selection

I played around yesterday with multiple selections in album list and tried to see if double click with multiple items works the same way like in Facets. If you make a multiple selection and double click the last (not selected) node the result is that the last node will be deselected with the second click of the doubleclick and not included in the playlist interaction. But if you then repeat the doubleclick the selection of the last node will be kept.

Reply #1
Maybe i found the reason for that strange behavior. It happened for my suprise to see a cursor in the selecton of album list nodes (i don't know why it isn't showed always and also don't know how to make it visible). Holding down ctrl-key and clicking a node selects that node but the cursor doesn't follow the last selection (like in Facets). Just a doubleclick that selects and unselect a node moves the cursor so that the next doubleclick keeps the selection.

On the other side continuing a multiple selection with a middle click works fine. Exactly that doesn't work in Facet as there a middle click doesn't cause a selection so that just the middle clicked entry is included in the playlist interaction but not the selected items.

Reply #2
I really hate to bump an own topic a second time - but as long as someone doesn't tell me that i am wrong i have to believe that this is at least an usabilty issue. 6 months after starting that topic i must admit that i have difficulties to understand my own words, so i will illustrate what i mean with screenshots.

At first press the tab-key to see a cursor when doing a selection in album list, then do a multiple selection by holding down the ctrl-key. You will see something like this:

"[1984] Run DMC" was the first selected item and "[1988] Tougher than Leather" the last selected one. Nevertheless the cursor remains on "[1984] Run DMC" although it was the first selected entry - an behaviour you wouldn't see in Facets or Playlist View.

You may ask: So what?
I am trying to combine a multiple selection with the event i defined for doubleclick in album list preferences. When i continue my selection with a  doubleclick (holding down ctrl-key) i get following result:

As you can see the item "[1990] Back from hell" is cursored but not highlighted - that means: the other 4 items are included in playlist interaction but not the fifth and last one.