Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 214749 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #125
If i understand you correctly you want the folder.jpg displayed in the group header of the ELPlaylist and as well in the popup window instead of the artist picture?
Then it can't be fixed with extended variables but with the setting in ELPlaylist directly.

Go to:
Right-click in the playlist --> Settings --> script --> Popup(Background), scroll down to this entry:
Code: [Select]
////// Artist Picture //////

$if($findfile($get(artist.pic)),
    $imageabs(4,4,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),$get(artist.pic),wc)
    $if(%length%,
        $font(Segoe UI,7,)
        $drawstring(- Image not available -,3,3,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),192-192-192,hcenter vcenter)
        $drawimage(4,4,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),$if2(%darkone_radio_pic%,%foobar_path%DarkOne\Images\Radio.png))
    )
)

and change it to:
Code: [Select]
////// Artist Picture //////

$puts(no.cover,$if2(%darkone_no_cover%,%foobar_path%DarkOne\Images\NoCover.png))
$puts(cd.pic,$if2(%darkone_cd_pic%,%foobar_path%DarkOne\Images\AudioCD.png))
$puts(radio.pic,$if2(%darkone_radio_pic%,%foobar_path%DarkOne\Images\Radio.png))

$if2($imageabs(4,4,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),%path%,artreader)
    $imageabs(4,4,$sub(%el_height%,8),$sub(%el_height%,8),$if(%length%,$if($stricmp(%codec%,cdda),$get(cd.pic),$get(no.cover)),$get(radio.pic)))
)

DarkOne

Reply #126
If i understand you correctly you want the folder.jpg displayed in the group header of the ELPlaylist and as well in the popup window instead of the artist picture?
Then it can't be fixed with extended variables but with the setting in ELPlaylist directly.

Yep, that did the trick with the popup and header, but additionally, I would like the artist image to be displayed in the ELPlaylist with the pseudo transparent mode enabled. As of now, I only get the solid background color.

Hope I make sense

DarkOne

Reply #127
Oh, you don't have any artist picture in the background for now?
Your artist pictures are named like "Coldplay.jpg", "AC_DC.jpg" or "The Cure.jpg"?

Then do the following:
Go to Preferences --> Tools --> Extended variables and set up the variables as followed:
darkone_artist_path : The exact path to the folder your artist pictures are stored in (don't forget a backslash at the end of the line!)
darkone_artist_filename : %artist%.*

DarkOne

Reply #128
Yes they are named like the artist, "Coldplay.jpg", exactly the same name as the artist folder.
I just thought there was a way to set a relative path to the artist folder, instead of having one folder with all my artist images.
Doesn't matter really, it's just that now I have to move all my artist images to a specified folder.
Well, can't sleep anyways, better get started

Hey, thanks for all the feedback, you've been very helpful!

DarkOne

Reply #129
If your artist pictures are stored in an artist folder, where is this folder?
Does your directory structure look like this:
--- Artist
------ Album 1
------ Album 2
------ Album 3
--- Artist
------ Album 1
------ etc.

and your artist pictures are stored in the bold illustrated folder, you can use artist folder in darkone_artist_path.

Or what do you mean with "artist folder"?
Do you have some folders outside this structure?

DarkOne

Reply #130
Yes I have that exact folder structure, and I tried the "artist folder" string in the Extended Variables, doesn't seem to work.

Say for instance, I have a Celldweller image, I name it "Celldweller.jpg" and place it in my Celldweller folder.
It will look like this:

--- Celldweller
------ Celldweller - Shapeshifter
------ Celldweller - Soundtrack for the voices in my head
------- Celldweller.jpg

Tell you what, I'll start over and see if I missed something. I've been staring at the same preferences for hours now, my mind might be playing tricks on me

[Edit] Hooray, it worked! I don't know what I did differently, but everything is working now. I got the perfect foobar EVER, and I got you to thank for it.
Hugz, Jana

DarkOne

Reply #131
I'll take alook in my code for the artist pictures, but it should already work...

EDIT:
oh good, i see your edit now
I also tried it and wondered why it doesn't work for you

Have you considered restarting foobar2000 after changing setting in Extended Variables?
The changes only take effect after a restart.

DarkOne

Reply #132
Yes it was indeed a restart that was needed 
Everything is working as it should now, thanks!

DarkOne

Reply #133
I've been a foobar user for many years now (had another nick in forum, dunno which). Used it because it was light as hell and I run on a 384 ram windows xp PC, anyone can imagine my pain. Anyway it broke now and I was gladly forced to buy a new one with vista and 3Gb ram (I try and try and fail to use it all). But now I can finally use some of the more complexed specs of foobar.

Was browsing skins today and yours was the one that won my little tourney for my favorite skin in the forums. Installation went smooth and all, I have everything running well but one thing which is the ratings. They aren't working simply. I can roll the stars back and forth but doesn't register the rating. Also I can't change it to play count when I try. Some songs appear to work while other don't (from same CD same folder).

Oh and btw, drag and drop options for images aren't possible?

And how many more releases are expected so that I don't waste time messing with it now

DarkOne

Reply #134
1.) You need the official foo_playcount plugin (as mentioned in the first post) for the playcount mode.
Btw. the playcount mode in the rating panel shows the first star after 11 playcounts by default setting!
So you may think it doesn't work.
If you want to change the behaviour, you have to enter the appropriate setting in extended variables (please see user guide, chapter 2.1).

2.) Ratings should work though with or without the plugin installed.
Once you clicked on the amount of stars it should already "register" the rating according to the mode you've set up in extended variables (if not specified, ratings will be stored in database if foo_palycount is installed! To see if it works right-click on a file you've rated, go to "Properties --> Properties tab", there should be a rating info).
I don't know why its not working for you...
What colour do the stars have when you move the mouse over them?

And please consider that all changes made in extended variables take only effect after restarting foobar2000!
And only for the rating panel on the left side (or in compact mode).
For setting up the rating mode (only for display!) in the Playlists you need to choose it separately in its settings as described in the user guide.

3.) What do you mean with "drag & drop options for images"?

4.) I don't know how many releases are still "necessary", but they will only have minor changes since i think DarkOne is "full-blown"

DarkOne

Reply #135
1 (and 2). Well apparently I had a foo_playcount of 2008 but still the same problem persisted. I've read your post carefully and the guide with  more attention now.

I now see how it all works regarding ratings and play count. I've set the playlists to show play count. And let the Rating Panel for rating. I now can rate any unrated song. BUT with auto-rating enabled, I can't overwrite the rating it sets. And since I cannot turn off auto-rate I switched to RP Mode to 1. Which writes to the tags but not to database right?
Still I think we should be able to overwrite auto-rate when we rate the songs ourselves. But it didn't happen to me. Although, when I change it to mode 1 it lets me overwrite. How do I stop auto-rating completely?
It's all good now for me I guess.

3. For example take a pic from computer or a website and drag it to the Cover section in order to display that image.

4.Would be nice if the Panels on the right site were as pretty as the rest  also what about keyboard shortcut for + and -  in order to switch panels? Or tab to hide and bring back, shift + tab to circle?
I'd also love if WSH Panel would show the time elapsed/total time not just when seeking.
Also if you have any link where I can get code to different colors and blurs in Trackinfo mod panel I'd be appreciated.

5.I keep making edits every time I find something I wonder if it's possible. That's the best about foobar, customization. In the (if not mistaken ELPLAYLIST) I made it so that it shows Artists in Group Info instead of Album Artists. This is because of the VA in Album Artists. I don't want VA's to show up when sorted by artists BUT I wanted  to know if is there any piece of code that once I sort it by Albums it shows Album Artists in Group Info instead of Artists. What parameters need to be added?

DarkOne

Reply #136
To 1 and 2.) Overwriting Auto-Rating is possible in the default mode!
If you rate a track it should show the stars in yellow (if it is rated in the database) or white (if it is rated into tags - only for files outside the library) now.
You see it as described in my last post on the properties tab in the properties window too, if a file is rated in the database, but NOT on the metadata tab! On the metadata tab you see only the rating in tags.
AND you can only rate the playing file, not a bunch of files!

If you want to stop auto-rating completely, right-click on the stars, choose "Settings" and change the
$puts(counter,
$ifequal(%darkone_rp_mode%,2,%play_count%,
$ifgreater($get(auto.rate),0,$get(auto.rate),0)))

entry to
$puts(counter,
$ifequal(%darkone_rp_mode%,2,%play_count%,)

But you'll have to do this in the compact mode too (and in the playlists if wanted).

3.) Not possible. DarkOne is only a skin for existing plugins. The functionality you want is not currently available with an existing plugin (to my knowledge...)

4.) The Panels on the right side are only "examples" for the use of the tabbed panel stack mod they're integrated in. You can enhance it with all panels you want and of course can set up their appearance to your needs (and their possibilities).
Keyboard shortcuts aren't stored in the FCL, you will have to create your own (Preferences --> General --> Keyboard Shortcuts).
The Playback/Remaining Time is still available in the Display, so i will not add these informations to the WSH Panel.
A guide for the settings of Track Info mod:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...rackinfo_mod%29
To change colours/add blurs in the Trackinfo mod panel in my config, scroll down to the '// PerTrack' section and go to the line you want to change.

5.) I have no idea how this should work at the moment, sorry 
You could create a new script preset (just click on "new", give it a name and click on "rename", then edit what you want to change) and call it from context menu.
You could also create a new "grouping" preset and call it from context menu.
(You will need to enable the sepcific context menu on the bahaviour tab --> "Show").
But i don't know any possibility to change the grouping info automatically according to the sorting...

DarkOne

Reply #137
1. Weird default really is broken to me, it shows yellow stars but doesn't record the rating I set nor overwrites any auto-rating, if a song still doesn't have a play count, I can rate it. If I were to add songs to  iTunes and keep the rating where would I need to have the song rated, in metadata or properties?
I made the info change to wherever I click so I can rate others besides the paying one.

I replaced that piece of code but it removes the stars. (As I was just typing I noticed you forgot a ")" ). All good now.

2. Yes I know. I'm just so used to 2:35/4:22 display mode that my eyes take more time to read time played and total time. And so I'm constantly looking at the WSH looking for that display first lol.
Thanks for the link. Just passed my eyes through it and loved  the first "foobar2000" example in this image http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/images/9/93/...ont-example.png , could you tell me what number above it is?

3. Oh ok too bad. Because I believe it's a problem to most people's playlist. As the main sorting is either Artists or Albums. But when sorting by Artists we don't want the Albums Artist to display (in case we have many compilations), we want to see the Artists instead of having hundreds VA's. Although when sorting by Albums it's the opposite. So in the first one we want it to display the Artists and in the second one the Albums artists so they get grouped up.

I'm currently trying to set it up. Have two scripts. Artists (shows Artists), Albums (shows Album Artists). And two groups each one associated to a script. Just trying to figure out the sort format... I think. EDIT: not quite getting it. By selecting a group it can have it's automated sort way right? So that just by going into context menu and changing  the grouping it changes between the two ways I want.
So  for artists I'd want to sort like  song number-album-disc number-artists and for albums I'd want to sort like song number-disc number-albums. What shall I do?

I was so confused with myself writing this last part it probably doesn't make sense.

Btw is there a way to save settings to import them to another computer with all changes I done?

DarkOne

Reply #138
1.) If you click on a star will the yellow stars you clicked be displayed?
Then it IS rated, but only in the database.
I tried it still and forced some of my betatesters to try it too.
It works on every system except on yours so you may probably made a mistake.
Have you changed anything in the settings besides deleting the auto-rating option?

You can't transfer any ratings from foobar2000 to iTunes because iTunes uses its own database for ratings.

And sorry, yes i forgot a bracket 

2.) It looks like "textexpansion" overlayed by normal text, but i don't know, i only used glow options so far

3.) You should be able to save the sort format in a new group preset too (i think... never tried it )

DarkOne

Reply #139
When I click for example rating 4. Once I click it goes back to where it was showing hollow stars. I don't think I changed anything but it's not problematic as I can cope well with configuration 1

Thanks.

I just don't  know what values to input in Sort Format.

Btw is there a way to save settings to import them to another computer with all changes I done?

DarkOne

Reply #140
If you click on rating 4 it doesn't show 4 yellow stars then?
Hm, strange.
I can't understand...

If you want to sort by albums just enter %album%
If you want to sort by artists just enter %artist%

You can save all your changes by exporting the "reworked" FCL (Preferences --> Columns UI --> FCL importing and exporting --> Export button. You should save it to another name to always keep the "original" FCL)

DarkOne

Reply #141
Yellow stars appear when I scroll the stars. Once I click star number 4 or any other, nothing is registered and goes back to the dark blue (unrated) stars.But since its only my problem and I'm using config 1 which doesn't do me this it's no problem.

For some reason if i have 3 artists in a row from the same CD it groups them together (an names the group after the first artist).

Thanks.

DarkOne

Reply #142
As i said before, i can't understand why it doesn't work for you...

And i think i don't really understand your problem with the artist...
Can you make a screenshot?

EDIT:
If you set the rating with right-click --> Playback Statistics --> Rating --> 4, does it now show the 4 yellow stars in default mode?
Is the song rated now (look at the properties tab in the properties window)?

DarkOne

Reply #143
It doesn't let me set any rating that way. I guess that's the problem.

Regarding  the artist problem is due to those modifications I tried to make regarding sorting with VA's and without.

Anyway I ended up giving a try to Kameleon because of shpeck and think will be sticking with it. If you want me to check more things regarding the ratings say so.

DarkOne

Reply #144
You can't set rating with context menu too?
Then there's a problem with the playback statistics version you have.
Have you installed version foo_playcount 2.1.8?

Btw. you could easily integrate Shpeck in DarkOne too. That's the reason i decided to integrate the Tabbed Panel Stack mod to "enhance" the config with additional panels in an easy way .

DarkOne

Reply #145
yup i have foo_playcount 2.1.8. With Kameleon it doesn't let me set a rating that way either.

Will try and mess with it than.

Look forward for your next skin.

DarkOne

Reply #146
Hi Tengo!
Your Config is fantastic!

Just 1 problem! How you put a background image (like Kim Wilde and Ah-A in your screenshot)?

My music is classifed like this; in my external drive a big folder call Music in this folder a multiple folders by artists, example: folder Pink Floyd in this folder multiple folders 1 for each album, in each album i have 3 pics, 1 call folder.jpg (is a cover) 1 call artist.jpg (is a black and white picture of the artist) and 1 call image.jpg (is a color picture of the artist). I see my cover in left panel, and a see, my cover,artist and image in center panel  (Artwork View). i cant see my artist.jpg or image.jpg in background in ELPlaylist or NG Playlist.

Thanks 

Don

DarkOne

Reply #147
NG Playlist doesn't supports a background image. It is only possible with ELPlaylist.
If i understood you correctly your artist.jpg and image.jpg is stored in the same folder as the music files?
then do the following:
go to "Preferences (the "PREF" button on the right side) --> Tools --> Extended Variables"
and set the following entries (with the "Add" button)
1.) NAME: darkone_artist_path
    VALUE: album folder
2.) NAME: darkone_artist_filename
    VALUE: image.*

Then restart foobar2000

DarkOne

Reply #148
Thanks for your helpTedgo...

DarkOne

Reply #149
Hi Tedgo,

Your DarkOne config is surely the best.
One question though, I liked peakmeter_spectrum in v1.3 more than channel spectrum panel in v1.42.
Can I put it back and to keep display with mp3 bitrate info, elapsed and remain time...?