Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: *slight problem* - all2lame (Read 2073 times) previous topic - next topic

*slight problem* - all2lame

hello people

i have quite a lot of .flac files and 2 days ago i decided to convert them to mp3  .  however the result is a big zero ,and i 'm very close to giving up  . 
  okay , this is what i did first  :  found a freeware ( all2lame )  ,ran it and it  took me sometime to figure out what it needs to work  ( external help from other programms i suppose )  .after a looong search for lame mp3 encoder installation procedure  i finally found out i need not the source code provided in lame.sourceforge.net , but a binary instead   
  so , i downloaded  " LAME 3.98.2 bundle "  from rarewares.org  ,  " FLAC for Windows with installer " from flac.sourceforge.net and finally  " Tag (by Case) " from alll2lame website  .
  then extracted the lame.exe and libsndfile-1.dll  , installed flac and extracted Tag.exe  . then opened all2lame , pointed from the "locations"  tab the location of lame.exe ,flac.exe and tag.exe  . i also added these command lines i found elsewhere in the "switches" box : 

-b 320 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors
-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors
-V 2 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors

then imported the .flac files  and finally i click "encode"  and F$#^%  !!  nothing happens 
after several attempts , installs/uninstalls i tried a similar programm ( Frontah ) and realized it is basically the same  ...didn't manage to get this to work either  .

after some reading here at the forums i saw many suggesting Foobar2000  . however ,i liked this "all2lame" programm as it is pretty small and doesn't require any installation .  Does anyone know if i'm doing any of the above steps wrong ? Should i provide more information ?  please help , i'm stuck

Reply #1
Yes, you should provide more information in less chaotic way.

Reply #2
Confusing at least! Why don't you drop the whole thing and use foobar2000 + flac.exe + lame.exe to do what you want to do.