Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Missing functionnality in the SDK (Read 3421 times) previous topic - next topic

Missing functionnality in the SDK

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think it i not possible to do this using the SDK alone:

- ability to create files of any audio format supported. You can only write/read metadata to/from existing files. the input_entry class will only open existing files.
- ability to encode PCM audio chunks to any supported format and write back the encoded data. Encoders are not exposed through the API.

Based on the above, it would not be possible to reimplement foo_converter for example, using strictly the SDK.

Reply #1
There are no encoders. That's why you need commandline utilities like lame.exe or oggenc.exe for Converter to work.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
My bad you're right...For some reason  I forgot the converter used external encoders.