Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Moondog Digital Readies Replacement for RipFactory’s RipStation (Read 3607 times) previous topic - next topic

Moondog Digital Readies Replacement for RipFactory’s RipStation

Indianapolis, IN – January 5, 2009 – Moondog Digital’s CD and DVD Ripping Software, RoboStation, will be receiving an upgrade to match current RipStation functionality.  The recent demise of RipFactory has led some RipStation customers to seek alternatives.  RoboStation’s new functionality will ensure transparency of services offered by RipStation’s current customers.

“With our new features, RoboStation will offer customers an option to replace the RipStation software,” said Craig Kelker, President of Moondog Digital.  “We own 100% of the code base and control the quality of the solution.  With metadata from All Media Guide and robust hardware options, RoboStation’s results are industry-leading.”  Kelker continued, “I am extremely proud of our solution and Moondog’s reputation as a service provider and software company.”

While RoboStation already offers the bulk of RipStation’s functionality, there will be a few additional features added.  Development has begun, but no scheduled release date has been established.  Interested parties can view details regarding RoboStation and purchase the solution at http://www.moondogdigital.com/ripping.html.

About Moondog Digital, Inc
Moondog Digital provides custom installers, radio stations, and corporate libraries with CD ripping services and automation software to convert their music collections into MP3, WAV, AAC, AIF or FLAC digital files.  Moondog Digital works with media server manufacturers and software publishers to provide packaged bulk loading solutions.  To learn more about Moondog Digital, please visit www.moondogdigital.com

# # #

Reply #1
Moondog Digital provides custom installers, radio stations, and corporate libraries with CD ripping services and automation software to convert their music collections into MP3, WAV, AAC, AIF or FLAC digital files. Moondog Digital works with media server manufacturers and software publishers to provide packaged bulk loading solutions. To learn more about Moondog Digital, please visit www.moondogdigital.com.

Looks intriguing except it doesn't support Vorbis, AAC, or Wavpack. Pretty useless in my opinion.  This isn't anything new we have seen this before with other ripping services. More specifically the ones provided by the developers of dBPowerAMP. I suppose it could be good? 
budding I.T professional

Reply #2
Moondog Digital provides custom installers, radio stations, and corporate libraries with CD ripping services and automation software to convert their music collections into MP3, WAV, AAC, AIF or FLAC digital files. Moondog Digital works with media server manufacturers and software publishers to provide packaged bulk loading solutions. To learn more about Moondog Digital, please visit www.moondogdigital.com.

Looks intriguing except it doesn't support Vorbis, AAC, or Wavpack. Pretty useless in my opinion.  This isn't anything new we have seen this before with other ripping services. More specifically the ones provided by the developers of dBPowerAMP. I suppose it could be good? 

HotshotGG:  I'll disagree on the "useless" position...as long as the Robostation software can rip to a lossless codec with good tag support (e.g. FLAC), you've met the core requirements for a robotic ripper.  You can always transcode after the fact as needed.  Also, Craig does list AAC above...so perhaps you were referring to ALAC missing from the list?

I haven't tried the Robostation software, but I will note my personal preference for dbpoweramp's batch ripper for several reasons:  cost, the core secure ripper and everything that entails, the "bring your own loader driver" design, etc.  Of course, I'm not a neutral party, having written drivers for most of the robotic hardware supported by dbpoweramp's batch ripper.

However, competition in this area serves customers well.

-brendan

Reply #3
HotshotGG: I'll disagree on the "useless" position...as long as the Robostation software can rip to a lossless codec with good tag support (e.g. FLAC), you've met the core requirements for a robotic ripper. You can always transcode after the fact as needed. Also, Craig does list AAC above...so perhaps you were referring to ALAC missing from the list?

Still useless in my opinion. If you are going to support support FLAC support Vorbis. Excuse me for being rude, but they are both open-source. I see no reason why your service can't rip to both. This is a new trend where people just completely cut Vorbis out in favor of just using FLAC. It's really turned into use it, because it's popular. I didn't see AAC there btw. Another reason to support Vorbis as well.

not a neutral party, having written drivers for most of the robotic hardware supported by dbpoweramp's batch ripper.

I will pass on that!. Software I could do. Hardware I definitely wouldn't touch. That's just an observation. ;D
budding I.T professional