Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping Problem - Two CDs Simultaneously (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping Problem - Two CDs Simultaneously

Apologies in advance if this is a known issue - search was not yielding much.

I recently ripped two different CDs at the same time and a couple of tracks on each CD experienced a similar problem.  They both had tracks that ended early and added a section of the next track to that.  More specifically:

Track 9 on the CD is 2:52 long.  As ripped:  it was 3:08 long with 2:12 from track 9 with the audio ending abruptly and then having 40 seconds of the beginning of track 10 filling the rest of the track (until 3:08).  Track 10 as ripped had the first 40 seconds omitted.

I don't have all of the data on what happened with the other disc, but the effect was similar.  I just re-ripped the discs and didn't think to catch more data until after the fact - suspected user error, but on later reflection I think it may be an issue with Foobar2000.  Re-ripping each disc individually resulted in no errors.  I may have been converting FLAC to MP3 in the background during the rips - I don't remember.

No errors logged or announced by Foobar - only caught it when listening to the tracks afterward.

Details:
Foobar2000 v0.9.6
Drive Modes: Paranoid (both)
Foobar mode: audio conversion from CD (see above) to FLAC (reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917) via "conversion" right click menu from playlist of CDDA
HW: Gateway, 1 DVD-ROM drive and 1 DVD+/-RW drive, 4GB RAM, Intel Core2 Quad (E6600)
CD1: Aly & Aj / Insomniatic
CD2: Dora the Explorer / Dance Fiesta!

<<edit: added no-log comment>>
Was that a 1 or a 0?