Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some questions (possibly issues) with NGPlaylist (Read 5409 times) previous topic - next topic

Some questions (possibly issues) with NGPlaylist

I'm currently using foobar 0.9.6 with columns UI 0.3.6.1, so everything is the latest version.

I've been working on a config and have come across some things. First off I've searched the forums with no result. I'm a long time browser of the forums here, and I know one of these issues has been covered, but I can not seem to recall where I've seen it.

Anyway the issues are, I've setup a media library and have the list show the albums in groups.

First thing noticed was when I click the all music the list isn't sorted alphabetically as shown in ss.

Second thing is, there is albums that are split into multiple groups but are the same album.

Lastly something I would like to do but haven't been able to figure out. Under the main album heading I would like to choose a background color. For ex: in ss 1 behind the global underground header I would like to choose a different background just for that line instead of white.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply #1
i can't see your pictures but check this out:

1. pref > general > sort incoming files by

2. pref > display > CUI > playlist view > grouping

Reply #2
i can't see your pictures but check this out:

1. pref > general > sort incoming files by

2. pref > display > CUI > playlist view > grouping

yes I've looked into these options. As far as I can tell there is no syntax to help alphabetize the list.

Also the pictures aren't working?  I can see and click them just fine!?

EDIT: I was referring to the #2.  the sort option in #1 is only for when you drag and drop files into a playlist.

Reply #3
put something like this:

%ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM%

in pref > general > sort incoming files by

it should sort the items sent to playlist according that sort string, if i understand you right

about the grouping, check also your tags.
probably the files are missing some tags needed for NG grouping

you can only change the global background color for NG playlist, and for custum columns but not just for artwork column

and the pictures now work, probably my bad

Reply #4
Well, I tried your example with no result. For some reason when albumlist panel sends it to the library view playlist it's not in any type of alphabetical list.  When sorted by dir, that pretty much fixes all these issues. I just don't like that I have to sort by my directory structure for it to sort right. So it's just currently a temperary fix. I'm still fusing around more with it.

Reply #5
check this:

pref > media library > album list panel > advanced > apply core sort settings

Reply #6
check this:

pref > media library > album list panel > advanced > apply core sort settings

HAHA, beautiful. That not only fixed it, but stopped the multiple listing of albums.  So it was the album list plugin the whole time just having bad filtering abilities.

Thank you for the help. Here is an updated pic of it working. =]

Now time to work on that album art =]

Reply #7