I got an error when I tried to run it after install:Unable to start MusicBee - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)Using 64 bit vista.
Hi Steve,Just want you know that with a non english XP the program doesn't start and give me an exception error at the splash screen, anyway, i have used a fixed exe that you posted on your forum for a non english Vista user and work so i think is better if you fix the full installation archive.Another error, in the preferences/player if i click the topdown menu for select the player i get an error. EDIT: Added error and request.
Brent: no plans to open source this for now - if you strongly believe in that sort of thing, SongBird is a good open source app - its where i got some of the ideas for the web integration from. I hadn't heard of MusikCube/wxMusik before so its not based on that.
Strange, because the graphical similarities are uncanny. I mean, that settings screenshot looks exactly like the one in wxMusik. I know, because I worked on that program (it's open source, so it possible you just snagged it, or MusikBox's).Anyone else here tried those other two programs I mentioned?
Quote from: stevenmmm on 08 December, 2008, 11:29:53 AMBrent: no plans to open source this for now - if you strongly believe in that sort of thing, SongBird is a good open source app - its where i got some of the ideas for the web integration from. I hadn't heard of MusikCube/wxMusik before so its not based on that.Strange, because the graphical similarities are uncanny. I mean, that settings screenshot looks exactly like the one in wxMusik. I know, because I worked on that program (it's open source, so it possible you just snagged it, or MusikBox's).Anyone else here tried those other two programs I mentioned?
The similarities are basically everywhere: the graphical layout seems very similar, and the offered options (almost?) identical. The fact you claim you havnt ever heard of these programs (you link them correctly) makes it even more interesting... I wonder if others (HotshotGG) share this opinion. Because the other apps are actually opensource, a fork (I'm not accusing you) is possible, in which case offering the source is mandatory.
i've updated the full install now with the non-english OS fix, the GUI bug you reported and as the id3v1 request was trivial to implement i have also included that. The new link for the .exe only is http://www.mediafire.com/?znzdig4gjm4
Thanx for the update Steve Now some other things... first and most important, i can't play AAC files. I got always a warning that the file i'm trying to play is not a valid audio file, tried with both nero encoded and iTunes plus (not protected) files.Second, great that you support also files with embedded cue (i use single FLAC file for albums) but with them the "artist" field is blank, or better, i see the artist in the field "album artist" which can be correct but i think is better to see it (also or only) in the artist field. Works ok with files where both "album artist" and "artist" tags are filled, ie. compilations with multiple artists.Last, in preferences/file converters, even if i can edit one of the available would be useful to have also almost a "custom" one so i can use also others encoders, wavpack, tak, etc.
hi,re: aac files, there is no AAC decoder distributed with MB - however the error message was supposed to say that! I know other freeware apps do play AAC, but my understanding is patent fees would apply if i included an AAC decoder with MB. However there is a decoder available you can get yourself called BASS_AAC.dll which you probably already have on your machine if you have used other music players. Otherwise see http://www.getmusicbee.com/help/codec/ if you need help downloading it to the MB Program folder.
After saying all that it just so happens i have been working on including tagging and playback of DRM protected itunes files using Quicktime for playback, which means normal AAC files can also be played.The downside with Quicktime is it's a resource hog, and i cant integrate the equaliser or crossfading leading out of the AAC file.I think its ready for release so i will probably make it available tomorrow night
re: cuesheets, can you send me a copy of the cuesheet for the first 2 cases (no artist showing or only album artist showing)? - its possible there is a bug with the cuesheet parsing, although i suspect with the second case the track performer is not there, so thats a simple fix.
REM GENRE ElectronicREM DATE 2008PERFORMER "Klaus Schulze Feat. Lisa Gerrard"TITLE "Rheingold - Live At The Loreley"REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN -3.57 dBREM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.957123FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE TRACK 01 AUDIO TITLE "Alberich" REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -3.54 dB REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.957123 INDEX 01 00:00:00 TRACK 02 AUDIO TITLE "Loreley" REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -3.59 dB REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.947357 INDEX 01 24:35:00
re: file converters, i was going to include WavPack with MB but was having problems with it cutting off the last block of data in the converted file which I wasnt able to get to the bottom of. I'll have another look at it at a later date, and also take up your suggestion about a custom converter
Thanks for the new release, now cuesheet handling works well but... "totaldiscs" tag is again not recognized.
edit: So it just finished loading my library here at work, and the track listing area fails to "refresh" and show anything, it just shows whatever the last window I had open has in that area. Same for the Now Playing area.