Skip to main content

Topic: Wierd AAC LC bug... (Read 3425 times) previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • Sachankara
  • [*][*][*][*]
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Encoding AAC files with the Low complexity profile, using PsyTEL AAC encoder 2.01 or PsyTEL fast AAC encoder 2.0 sometimes ends up with files being reported as 0 seconds long when using Winamp and the Freeware AAC decoder plugin 12/28/2001... But it does work with the Main profile... So I´m wondering if it´s a bug in either PsyTEL or in the Freeware AAC decoder plugin...?

  • Speek
  • [*][*][*][*]
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #1
Sachankara, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that there's a newer AAC plugin available on Roberto's site. Maybe that will solve the problem.
Link: http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/

  • Ivan Dimkovic
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #2
Please send me a fraction of the problematic aac file, or to [a href='mailto:menno@audiocoding.com'][/a]

And please DO NOT use main profile at this moment.

  • Sachankara
  • [*][*][*][*]
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #3
Quote
Originally posted by Speek
Sachankara, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that there's a newer AAC plugin available on Roberto's site. Maybe that will solve the problem.
Link: http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/
Unfortunatly, it didn´t help...
Quote
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
Please send me a fraction of the problematic aac file, or to [a href='mailto:menno@audiocoding.com'][/a]

And please DO NOT use main profile at this moment.
Well, if you don´t mind, I´ve put it up on my server... I´ve added a ID3v2.3 header to it which is 239 bytes long... If you don´t like it, just remove it...  (And no, there´s no difference without the tag... I´m made the tag program myself and I does not alter any of the original track data...)

[Link removed by Sachankara himself... ]

Be warned though, the file is 9 363 150 bytes... Original track length is around 429 seconds... (7:09...)

P.S. Re-ripping and re-encoding the files doesn´t help at all... And it´s always the same tracks that are reported as 0 seconds long...

Edit: Removed the link...

  • Sachankara
  • [*][*][*][*]
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #4
Any progress, or have you just forgotten it all?

  • menno
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #5
If it works in one profile and not in another with the same decoder plugin, then it's a problem in the encoder. The decoder just reads the number of bytes in a frame and uses that to skip to the next frame. This only goes wrong if the number of bytes is wrong or if the decoder reads the number of bytes wrong.
Since the header is the same for all profiles (you did use the same MPEG version for both MAIN and LC right? (2 or 4)) and it works on one profile it should be a problem in the encoder.

Menno

  • Sachankara
  • [*][*][*][*]
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #6
Quote
Originally posted by menno
If it works in one profile and not in another with the same decoder plugin, then it's a problem in the encoder. The decoder just reads the number of bytes in a frame and uses that to skip to the next frame. This only goes wrong if the number of bytes is wrong or if the decoder reads the number of bytes wrong.
Since the header is the same for all profiles (you did use the same MPEG version for both MAIN and LC right? (2 or 4)) and it works on one profile it should be a problem in the encoder.

Menno
Profile 0 (MPEG-2 low complexity) = Incorrect length, 0 seconds...
Profile 1 (MPEG-2 main) = Correct length, wierd clicks and general audio distortion...
Profile 2 (MPEG-4 main LTP) = Correct length...

(PsyTEL 2.02 01/10/2002 and in_aac.dll 01/05/2002...)

  • Ivan Dimkovic
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Wierd AAC LC bug...
Reply #7
I noticed that problem with some clips - will do a serious check