Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio Streaming (Read 3407 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio Streaming

I listen to radio over the internet and wonder will I be able to stop using WMA, Real and WinAmp for this purpose.  They all work OK, but none are elegant.  Has anyone any idea if this will be a future feature?  FB2K plays CD's now.  Audio streaming would make it a tiny, efficient and elegant package; a world-beater.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Audio Streaming

Reply #1
It already supports HTTP streaming. Of course, I can't get it to work with Live365hit, but I can't get WMP to work with that either. I keep getting the "please log in" notice with private stations, even after I've logged in with all of the browsers I have installed. IE, Phoenix, Opera, doesn't matter. No, I don't care to defeat the purpose by installing Start365hit.

Audio Streaming

Reply #2
I cannot get it to work at all.  I paste the address the radio station web site says to use and I get squat.  What is the secret?  I am assuming the http address goes in the "add location" window.  Correct? 
Nov schmoz kapop.

Audio Streaming

Reply #3
I cannot get it to work at all.  I paste the address the radio station web site says to use and I get squat.  What is the secret?  I am assuming the http address goes in the "add location" window.  Correct? 

If your location points to a playlist, download and open it locally.

Audio Streaming

Reply #4
Two examples were provided. One worked, and the other used an unsupported protocol. (mms://)

Audio Streaming

Reply #5
Thanks to Kode54 who walked this giraffe through the intracacies and undocumented features of getting FB2K to play streaming audio.  Now if I can just get the broadcasting station to stream in stereo! 
Nov schmoz kapop.

Audio Streaming

Reply #6
how bout displaying the current song playing also.