Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sennheiser MX400 (Read 3579 times) previous topic - next topic

Sennheiser MX400

Hey guys, I had read many reviews from Google and it seems like many people likes this product despite it's long history. The oldest review I found is dated back to 2001 LOL but still the product is still popular?

Btw, I have some questions to ask here:

1. Is Sennheiser a trustable brand like Sony, Philips. Frankly I haven heard about this brand until today.
2. Can it really replaces or sound better than the earphone came bundled along with iPod Touch product?
3. Does noice isolation worked?
4. Will it fit comfortable in my ears? That being said, I can wear it long enough without having pain in my ears. I had tried out 3 pairs of earphone till now and none of them really can stay long in my ears more than 1 hour of listening.

Thanks for your advice.

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #1
1. Definitely.
2. Yes, it can.
3. It's not an earphone with specific noise isolation.
4. Depends on your ears. With your record of earphone trouble probability is pretty high that it adds to your bad experience. Maybe you're better off with a small headphone, for instance one which is just clipped to your ears like the Koss KSC-75 which also sounds very good and is pretty cheap.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #2
1. Yes.
2. I have a pair and they sound a better than the stock iPod earphones. They sound brighter and have more clarity. They more durable too.
3. No I can still hear what's going on around me which is good when walking about the streets of Manila.

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #3
Thanks for your opinions guys. I think I might actually buy myself this one as it's considerable cheaper than other brands which offers same audio quality. 

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #4
1. Is Sennheiser a trustable brand like Sony, Philips. Frankly I haven heard about this brand until today.

Actually they're a professional use brand with some consumer lines. Sony and Philips are the other way around.

2. Can it really replaces or sound better than the earphone came bundled along with iPod Touch product?

I have an MX500, exactly the same but with an in-line volume control (good just to mute the sound), but I've never tried Ipods. Many knowledgeable people say they're way better. I love the sound of my MX500, is crispy and full.

3. Does noice isolation worked?

No noise isolation at all, actually they're the earphones you would use to keep in contact with the outside, but retaining good sound

4. Will it fit comfortable in my ears?

That could be a problem. They're a little bigger than most phones and have a little edge that can hurt you. I have delicate ears too. How I do? I use good pads over them, maybe even two for each side, that and not to try go too deeper into your ears, they rest in the bigger outside hole. The padding is supposed to balance the brighter sound too, reforcing the bass response.

Now you have the big picture, pros and cons. My conclusion is that the Senn MX400 are a great value with sound quality over many products double or triple the price.

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #5
Thanks for the great response. I'll try to grab myself one of those in local store tomorrow.

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #6
The MX400 are great for the price, I bought them for around $5 USD + shipping on eBay. They come with little spongy things but I never used them, and maybe because of this they were painful to wear for long periods of time. I stopped using these when I got a Sony Walkman player that came with really nice in-ear headphones.
we was young an' full of beans

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #7
The MX400 are great for the price, I bought them for around $5 USD + shipping on eBay. They come with little spongy things but I never used them, and maybe because of this they were painful to wear for long periods of time. I stopped using these when I got a Sony Walkman player that came with really nice in-ear headphones.

For me they are really uncomfortable without the "spongy things". As mentioned above they are supposed to sound better with them too. I think so too but haven't ABXed it

A downside is that you can easily lose or break the pads. But maybe there are replacement pads available somewhere.

I think they sound pretty good for earplugs of that type. But don't expect any miracles.

Sennheiser MX400

Reply #8
Generic foam earpads should be just fine for the MX400 (and 500). In the UK, HMV stores sell them fat 99p for a pack of 6. Also, I use the MX500's with my Cowon D5 and they sound fantastic!