Skip to main content

Topic: Best service for digitizing vinyl and cassettes? (Read 3215 times) previous topic - next topic

• slogun
  • [*]
Best service for digitizing vinyl and cassettes?
Hello. 

I have some rather rare/expensive/personally valuable records and cassettes that I want to archive digitally...only thing is I don't want to spend a fortune on my own equipment to do it right now, especially with the small amount I want to get done.

Can anyone give any recommendations?  Looking for conversion quality(obviously), care taken when handling the recordings...thanks!

• DVDdoug
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1
Here is a similar thread/question with a couple of links to services.

...I want to archive digitally...only thing is I don't want to spend a fortune on my own equipment to do it right now, especially with the small amount I want to get done.
  If you simply want to record/archive the recordings (with no restoration), all you need is a computer with a soundcard and some recording software.  (I'm assuming you have playback equipment that's up to your standards.)  Audacity is a FREE audio editor that can record.

If you want to do some audio restoration, Audacity can do noise reduction, and filtering/EQ.  For removing vinyl "snap, crackle, & pop", Wave Repair is only $30 USD.  (And, there are other affordable software tools that will cost less than paying someone else to do it.)
  • Last Edit: 13 November, 2008, 03:25:22 PM by DVDdoug

• slogun
  • [*]
Reply #2
Exactly what I needed to know...thanks. 
  • Last Edit: 13 November, 2008, 04:31:56 PM by slogun