Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help wtih errors in EAC (Read 3227 times) previous topic - next topic

Help wtih errors in EAC

Thanks for the great website I've been lirking for a while getting info and just deciding what to use to rip my collection. Which was decided using info on this website. So Thanks alot for that.
I'm currently ripping my CD collection using EAC and Lame.
But on some of my disc's I get errors in the reports.
What should I do when I get them? Do I just ignore the errors, just download the CD, or go buy a new CD?
I just want a good quality rip for my listening pleasure.

Thanks for the help Brett

Help wtih errors in EAC

Reply #1
We'll need to know what the errors are in order to help . . .

Help wtih errors in EAC

Reply #2
make sure the disc is clean, if your still having problems try another drive.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Help wtih errors in EAC

Reply #3
They were read errors.

And yes my disc's are clean and tried a different drive.

Some do have scrathes on them though.

Help wtih errors in EAC

Reply #4
Generally you shouldn't have issues from most read errors, so long as you setup the drive correctly and let EAC test the drive and apply Error Correction when capable.  EAC is the best I know of for ripping from CD -so I'd say "let'r'Rip".  But only do a portion of your collection, then enjoy it and slowly get through the rest.  I got half way through, then decided I wasn't happy with AAC and started over
EAC095pb5, LAME3.98, freedb, flac 1.2.1, fb2k 0.9.5