Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why is WMA lossless 48 kHz when ripped or converted? (Read 4239 times) previous topic - next topic

Why is WMA lossless 48 kHz when ripped or converted?

I have noticed that my WMA lossless files ends up with 48 KHz (I select the normal 44 16bit) when I ripp a cd or convert other lossless formats to WMA lossless. It doesn't matter what ripper or format converter I use. When I check the wmal track properties in the latest Foobar2000 it shows 48. Even when I import the track to Cubase it asks if I want to convert the 48 to the more common 44 KHz.
BUT, when I check the track properties with dbPoweramp (any version) it shows 44.
When I convert a wmal (48) track to another lossless format like flac it ends up with 44.
Why is this happening?
Please confirm this problem, it only takes a minute to create a wmal file and check with both foobar and dbpoweramp.
Thanks in advance!

(How do I edit the topic headline? I used some wrong words  )

Moderation: Topic edited.