Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Duplicate tracks in Metadata tags (Read 1828 times) previous topic - next topic

Duplicate tracks in Metadata tags

Occasionally, I have needed to re rip a CD using EAC (V0.99) and FLAC compression.  Everything has always appeared normal, the tracks were over written and the log file appended with the new rip information.  It hasn't been until recently when I noticed some albums displaying duplicate tracks when played in Rhythmbox using a mt-daapd server.  Foobar always displays the database accurately but my Ubuntu systmes have had errors in reading a few albums, a few albums display duplicate tracks, or in some cases are not shown at all.

While investigating the cause, I noted the Metadata tags for these problem CDs had twice the number of track entries than were actually present on the disc.  It appears that when re ripping the CDs, the re ripped tracks were appended to the Meta tags, not simply overwriting the tags.

I have tried to edit the tags (using Foobar) but am unable to change the incorrect number of tracks to the correct count, which is one half of the total shown.  I believe this corrupted data is one of the causes of information being incorrectly displayed in Rhythmbox.

Does anyone know how to correct the tags without deleting the flac files entirely and re ripping the discs with correct Metadata?