Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacement for CUE Tools and others in OS X? (Read 3614 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacement for CUE Tools and others in OS X?

Hey guys.

I'm still trying to get used to working with ripping/managing my music collection on my mac.

Recently I've run into a problem with trying to figure out how to rejoin FLAC tracks into a single FLAC image.

Also, how can I adjust the offset of the resulting image if the need should arise?

On my Windows box I would use Foobar 2000 and CUE Tools... Alas these are not available for OS X and I have not found suitable replacements.  Any suggestions?

Replacement for CUE Tools and others in OS X?

Reply #1
I use shntool to join individual files.  I don't know of something that will also convert a cue file, but I do use the following:
Code: [Select]
alias joinflac2flac='shncue *.flac > joined.cue && SetFile -t TEXT joined.cue && f2cf.pl *.flac -w && shnjoin *.flac && flacify joined.wav'

I can then invoke "joinflac2flac" within a directory containing multiple flac files and end up with a joined.flac and joined.cue.  I can then copy any remaining cue tags to the new joined cue file.

Oh, f2cf.pl is a script which reads the names of the tracks from the files themselves and modifies the cuefile to use the appropriate track names.  Leave that part out and the cue file will still be valid for referencing the flac file, but without any metadata.
And flacify is just an alias for "flac --verify --best --replay-gain --delete-input-file"

It's joinflac2flac because I have others for shn2flac, ape2flac, etc.

I haven't tried Foobar under WINE on my Mac, but that might work as well.

If by offset you mean for example to correct for Accurate Rip, XLD can offset files very easily.