Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (Q)How to insert some characters in the title field by using masstagge (Read 7123 times) previous topic - next topic

(Q)How to insert some characters in the title field by using masstagge

I want to put some characters in the title filed of Tags.

for example,
Messiah, oratorio, HWV 56: The Birth: Symphony --> Messiah, oratorio, HWV 56: Part I , The Birth: Symphony

or

Etude for piano No. 1 in C major, Op. 10/1, CT. 14: Allegro --> Chopin / Etude for piano No. 1 in C major, Op. 10/1, CT. 14: Allegro

please, tell me the masstagger script to do the job.

Thanks,

Reply #1
Unless there is some sort of pattern, masstagger can't do that.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
If the text you want to insert or the intended position varies in each case and cannot be derived from existing tags, you should not use the masstagger at all. Use the properties dialog, or be more specific about what you want to achieve.

Reply #3
If the text you want to insert or the intended position varies in each case and cannot be derived from existing tags, you should not use the masstagger at all. Use the properties dialog, or be more specific about what you want to achieve.

What I want is to insert characters after the (n)th character in the mutiple tags.

or

to hide(or remove) first (n) characters and display the rest of the right side of characters (Messiah, oratorio, HWV 56 --> oratorio, HWV 56)

Unless there is some sort of pattern, masstagger can't do that.

Pattern?

I try to insert the same string(characters) after (n)th character in the mutiple title tags.

Reply #4
Pattern?
Is n constant for all tracks or can it be deduced from the tag content in a uniform way? If you have to write and test a complex formatting string to compute n or even look at the tags yourself, editing the tags manually using the properties window will be faster.

Reply #5
Pattern?
Is n constant for all tracks or can it be deduced from the tag content in a uniform way? If you have to write and test a complex formatting string to compute n or even look at the tags yourself, editing the tags manually using the properties window will be faster.

(n) is vary. but i have 10~20 files that I want to appy the same script at once.
I want a script that I need change the (n) value and (string) value for each batch group.
manually changing the tag for each file seems very inefficient.

Reply #6
With the properties dialog, you can perfectly edit the tags of multiple tracks at once.
Select all tracks with the same title in the playlist, right-click, choose Properties, and adjust the title.
Forget about the masstagger. It is not the right tool for this task.

Reply #7
Like often, the Titleformat Reference, especially the string functions, is helpful here:

The following construct should insert the text " INSERT " after position N in the title field. Just use masstagger ("format value from other fields") or the standard properties dialog (select "format from other fields" in the context menu of the title tag):

Code: [Select]
$puts(N,5)$substr(%title%,1,$get(N)) INSERT $substr(%title%,$add(1,$get(N)),$len(%title%))

@others: I think the problem why he cannot use manual editing here is that the parts he does not want to change vary.

HTH,
ojdo

Reply #8
With the properties dialog, you can perfectly edit the tags of multiple tracks at once.
Select all tracks with the same title in the playlist, right-click, choose Properties, and adjust the title.
Forget about the masstagger. It is not the right tool for this task.

Frank,

I think that I did not explain clearly.

The problem is that the titles are all different like the below, so I can not edit the titles in the properties box.

Symphony No.5: I. Allegro con brio   
Symphony No.5: II. Andante con moto   
Symphony No.5: III. Allegro
Symphony No.5: IV. Allegro

or

Sym: I. Allegro con brio   
Sym: II. Andante con moto   
Sym: III. Allegro
Sym: IV. Allegro

I want get them changed like the below with a script

Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio   
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: II. Andante con moto   
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: III. Allegro
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: IV. Allegro

So I guess I need a script that
1) removes the first (n) characters(Sym) and
2) add(replace) a certain text string(Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67) at the left side of the remaining title.

thanks,

Reply #9

The problem is that the titles are all different like the below, so I can not edit the titles in the properties box.

Sure you can...
Use the lasso to select multiple files in a playlist.  Then open the properties dialog.

Right-click on the title field and select edit.

Easy as pie.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #10

Sure you can...
Use the lasso to select multiple files in a playlist.  Then open the properties dialog.

Right-click on the title field and select edit.

Easy as pie.

I know that I can edit one by one by deleting and pasting. I can do it that way in the playlist view.
But I have to deal with 10 or more files that only some part of string in the title tag need to be removed and replaced while retaining the differences like I show in the previous post.

Please, let me know if there is a way to get this kind of batch job done in the properties box with mutiple files.

Thanks

Reply #11
Erm... what about the code example I posted right above?

Reply #12
Erm... what about the code example I posted right above?

ojdo,

thanks and sorry i missed your post.
You understood my problems and helped me to reduce one of them.(insert the string in the title tags)

I will greatly appreciate, if you help me solve the problem below as well.

Sym: I. Allegro con brio
Sym: II. Andante con moto
Sym: III. Allegro
Sym: IV. Allegro

I want change them like the below with a script.

Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: II. Andante con moto
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: III. Allegro
Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: IV. Allegro

So I guess I need a script that
1) removes the first (n)length of characters(Sym) and
2) add(replace) a certain text string(Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67) at the left side of the remaining title.

Reply #13
Just add "phony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67" after third symbol using the string by Odjo.

If you really need to delete some part:
$puts(K,4)$puts(N,10)$substr(%title%,1,$get(K))INSERT$substr(%title%,$add(1,$get(N)),$len(%title%))

Will remove fourth to tenth characters and replace them with INSERT.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Reply #14
Just add "phony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67" after third symbol using the string by Odjo.

If you really need to delete some part:
$puts(K,4)$puts(N,10)$substr(%title%,1,$get(K))INSERT$substr(%title%,$add(1,$get(N)),$len(%title%))

Will remove fourth to tenth characters and replace them with INSERT.

Slotos,

Thanks a lot.
Yours is the exactly what i need.

Thanks again!!!

Reply #15
thanks everyone

Reply #16
I don't know about you, but something like
$replace(%title%,'Sym: ','Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: ')
would be more straightforward for me than counting characters.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.