Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: Read and Copy CRC differs. (Read 4151 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: Read and Copy CRC differs.

I'm using Eli's suggested settings (more or less).

Ripping CD image + CUE to flac.
I've got a problem with two CDs in my collection. The read CRC and copy CRC is different in the log. I've tried ripping the CDs multiple times. Same problem (and same CRCs) each time i rip.

From two different rip attempts of the same CD:

Peak level 100.0 %
    Range quality 99.9 %
    Test CRC 639A0685
    Copy CRC BCFA1316
    Copy OK

Peak level 100.0 %
    Range quality 99.9 %
    Test CRC 639A0685
    Copy CRC BCFA1316
    Copy OK

EAC states no errors reported.

Can someone explain this? Is the file ripped correctly?

Reply #1
Is the file ripped correctly?

Can you use ARCue to verify your CD-image rip?

Do you have Exact Audio Copy verify your rips against the AccurateRip database?

Reply #2
The album (The Knife - Like a pen EP) is afaik not in the AccurateRip database.
The other album was in the database with "All tracks verified as accurate" so I presume that one is okay?

Reply #3
Your CD may be defective. Try to rip as tracks and make some tries on defective track. You have two different matches, so you can't really know what one is needed if you don't compare it to other rip. Even if one of CRCs matches 90% of tries, you can't be sure that the other one is not the real. Or even that them both are not real and it isn't possible to obtain it on this CD at all.
Listen to WMRI...