Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Joining 24bit/96kHz wave files (Read 4359 times) previous topic - next topic

Joining 24bit/96kHz wave files

I would like to proper join 24bit/96kHz wave files with WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE (DVD-A explorer). Foobar2000 join, but result is standard wav PCM without WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE. Anyone could help ?

Reply #1
WaveWizard can be used to append several wave files (amongst other operations).

Go to Preferences and choose Stream manipulation -> "Stitch files". Carefully go through the other options to make sure you don't perform other unwanted operations, like dither and normalization.

Reply #2
@j7n: Working also with multichannel wavs  Thank you.

Reply #3
I tried encode multichannel wav stitched and flac report this error:

track-01-01[1]-01-[Lf-Rf-C-LFE-Ls-Rs]-24-88200_Stitch.wav: ERROR: WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE chunk with unsupported channel mask=0x0000

separate wavs are encoded fine....

Reply #4

track-01-01[1]-01-[Lf-Rf-C-LFE-Ls-Rs]-24-88200_Stitch.wav: ERROR: WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE chunk with unsupported channel mask=0x0000

The channel mask=0x0000 indicates that none of the channels have been assigned to speaker "positions". There is a FLAC command line parameter to ignore the channel mask, but I forget what it is for the moment (I did find it recently when I encoded the Microsoft 8_Channel_ID sample).

Reply #5
Multichannel wavs are bad stitched because every wav before stitched has 0x003F mask inside.

Reply #6
This program indeed does not write the channel mask. I used a hex editor to quickly add these one or two bytes.

It does not make this program useless. Consider that the alternative is to use an audio editor. In that case there'd be a considerable overhead in required disk space for temp files. A space which you might not have while working with overly huge DVD-A files.

Reply #7

I'm using as outputformat Wave PCM, and foobar to encode it to flac.