Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuesheets - DiscID and Catalog information (Read 2412 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuesheets - DiscID and Catalog information

I have noticed I have several cuesheets which are either missing DiscID and/or Catalog information. I know this is not essential for a cue sheet, but I would like to understand where EAC gets this information from and why it would be missing in some cases. Also what is the difference between DiscID and Catalog?

Is there any way to fill in the missing info without reripping the CD?. Could I load the wav image into Daemon Tools and let EAC get the missing info from an online source to update the cuesheet?

TIA for any help

Cuesheets - DiscID and Catalog information

Reply #1
Freedb DiscID is calculated from disc data and CATALOG is read from hidden disc data. You can try to re-calculate DiscID with some cuesheet-aware program (e.g. foobar2000 may support this), but I really don't see why you would want to do that.
Missing CATALOG info should be entered manually from the jewel case cover (the UPC/EAN barcode), disc barcode or some online database (e.g. amazon.com has UPC codes for their items). Also, you can try to retrieve CATALOG number from audio disc with GoldenHawk's CDRWIN (use the "Table of Contents" command): no re-ripping, just displays the # for inserted CD and you then enter it manually in a cuesheet.