Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to retrieve LAME presets in track_info_mod? (Read 4383 times) previous topic - next topic

how to retrieve LAME presets in track_info_mod?

hi. I am trying to display in a track_info_mod panel all this info I found here in the forums (but prettier )

but the encoding preset (V0, V2, etc) doesn't show. Am I missing a component, maybe? I've searched the forums but I can't figure out why it doesn't display

Code: [Select]
// TECH INFO SEPARATOR
$transition($repeat($get(sepchar),$get(seplen)),$get(fadeend),$get(text1))$get(text1)'[' $get(text2)T e c h I n f o $get(text1)']'$char(10)

$get(head)Length: $get(info)$if(%_isplaying%,%_time_elapsed%$get(anno)$if(%_length%, / %_length%,)$if(%_length%, / -%_time_remaining%),%_length%)$char(10)
$get(head)Type:$if(%__codec%, $get(info)%__codec%) $get(info)
$if2(%__bitrate_dynamic%,%__bitrate%) $get(anno)Kb/s $if($stricmp(%__codec%,mp3),$if($stricmp(%__extrainfo%,vbr),VBR,CBR))
$char(10)
$if(%__lame_version%,$get(head)Preset: $get(info)$left(%__lame_version%,4) $right(%__lame_version%,4) [$upper(%__lame_profile%)]$char(10),)
$if(%__flac_vendor%,$get(head)Encoder: $get(info)$if($stricmp(%__flac_vendor%,reference libFLAC 1.1.2 20050205),FLAC 1.1.2 -8)$char(10),)
$if(%__mpc_profile%,$get(head)MPC Profile: $get(info)%__mpc_profile%$char(10),)
$get(head)Compression: $get(info)$div(1411,%__bitrate%).$substr($muldiv(1411,100,%__bitrate%),2,3):1 '('$get(info)$muldiv(%__bitrate%,100,1411)$get(anno)'%)'$char(10)
$get(head)Channels: $get(info)$if($stricmp($codec(),MP3),$get(space2)$caps(%__mp3_stereo_mode%),
$if(%__channels%,$ifgreater(%__channels%,1,Stereo,Mono),'?'))$char(10)
$if(%__bitspersample%,$get(head)Bitdepth: $get(info)%__bitspersample% bits/sample$char(10),)
$if(%__samplerate%,$get(head)Samplerate: $get(info)$div(%__samplerate%,1000).$substr(%__samplerate%,3,3) KHz $char(10))
$if(%_filesize%,$get(head)Filesize: $get(info)
$div(%_filesize%,1048576).$left($num($muldiv($mod(%_filesize%,1048576),100,1048576),2),2) $get(anno)'MB'$char(10),)

anyone can help out?

thanks

Reply #1
%codec_info%

?

Reply #3
both %codec_info% and %__flags% return "?" when I play a V0 file :/

I'm thinking my foobar is probably outdated (v0.9.4)

could this be it? I don't want to update if it won't make any change, cause I'll probably brake something :P

thanks for the fast replies :)

edit: I hadn't read your reply shakey_snake

thanks for the link, I already went through it but nothing (tool,version, flags) seemed to work so I figured I'd ask you expert people :)

Reply #4
I'm thinking my foobar is probably outdated (v0.9.4)

That certainly makes a difference. you might try %__codec_profile% or $info(codec_profile)

It might depend on the version of LAME used to encode the file, as well.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
none of those work

I guess it's time for un upgrade.

speaking of which, I just have to put everything inside the new foobar folder (components, images, etc) and it should be just the same as it's now?

edit: version of lame is 3.97

Reply #6
Well, for the record, %__codec_profile%, %codec_profile% and $info(codec_profile) all work with 0.9.5.4 beta 3.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
well, of course upgrading wasn't as easy as I thought. some components don't work, like track_info_mod (and I can't live without that one :P)

My foobar only says v0.9.4 (no beta, i think). and I'll stick with it for as long as I can because I am perfectly happy with it :)

If anyone knows of a way to do this LAME preset thing in this early version, please let me know

thanks for the help, everyone :)

Reply #8
try to find f2k 0.9.4.5 or similar 0.9.4.x.
i know that some sites keep outdated versions, i can't recall right now, and nothing will break with your conf.

i think that shakey_snake suggestion should work, but if you say not than try above