Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] From: Not happy even with 320 CBR :( (Read 1633 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] From: Not happy even with 320 CBR :(

If you haven't yet experienced how awesome RockBox is, not just in features, but how much of an improvement it is in some PMPs for the quality of layer-3 decoding** - then you should asap, if your player is supported.

In some cases (like my original iRiver iHP-120) the difference is so massive, I didn't need to ABX it to form my opinion that the difference was large** to my hearing and monitoring equipment and the type of music I listen to.  It's not so much that MAD decoder is relatively accurate**, but that some of the decoders in some of these PMP firmwares are not so hot**.

I wonder how iPod firmwares stack up against RockBox. 

** disclaimer - I'm not claiming this as fact, which you will deduce if your understanding of proper English grammar is that of a well-educated English-speaking person.  All of my statements are properly quantified with qualifiers that are not static, and as such there's nothing that could be proven even with an ABX test because such a test requires such qualifiers.  As such I'm not making a claim, and I'm not violating TOS 8.