Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Doesn't ripping to individual files disregard the first Index 00? (Read 2987 times) previous topic - next topic

Doesn't ripping to individual files disregard the first Index 00?

So the question is in the topic title. If there's any sort of data, anything in the pregap instead of the usual two seconds, it's pretty much ignored when you rip to individual files, isn't it? That's why I rip to FLAC images, because you retain every every every bit of data on the disc.

Reply #1
Yes.  And that is also the reason that I archive to images (the simplicity).

You can rip the TRACK 01 INDEX 00 track by choosing to "Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based":

1. Action menu, Detect Gaps (or press F4).
2. Select the first track (you know, the red one).
3. Action menu, Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I prefer images as well but it annoys me that only Foobar can play individual tracks on them.

Reply #3
Synthetic Soul: Thanks for the Copy Selected Tracks Index-Based, I didn't know you could do that. The way I did it before was editing the cuesheet a couple times to isolate the pregap into one "track". On the CD I just tested it on, it had a sync error when it got to the end of Index 00. I'm sure that's just this particular CD though.

Agent69: Play individual tracks on them? How do you mean?

Reply #4
I prefer images as well but it annoys me that only Foobar can play individual tracks on them.

There's a plugin for Winamp available that allows it to read cuesheets.

Reply #5
Are you talking about mp3cue or something else?  I've been using it for years now.  It works great!

It would seem that it is now dead, though.  Does anyone know whatever became of Jon Dee and Guerillasoft?