Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why closing threads without warnings ? (Read 2897 times) previous topic - next topic

Why closing threads without warnings ?

Hello,
I just came to my favorites threads and found them all closed without any warning except a pinned
announcement with some vague explanations!!!
I think it is a strange and very unpolite way to act !!!
I am sure you are aware that hundreds,maybe thousands of people were reading those threads
and you simply took the unilateral decision to close them all without any delay !!

You said in your announcement :  "If you wish to share your Panels UI configuration with other users, please post it on another site instead."
But how , now, the thread's authors will give to their audience a new adress ???
Why not giving them a delay to do so ?
Was it intentional?
If yes then you don't know what respect is !!!

I went on all the threads speaking of your decisions for the new and next to come Foobar releases
to try to understand the reasons of this radical changements
And I came to the only conclusion that  3 peoples decided that what is good for Millions of users is not the way
they want Foobar to be !!!!
Just one word: Amazing decision
For years you let everybody play and improve your baby,even asking for good willing people to test and report,and now you say : Enought !!! my baby is adult now !! stop with your plugins, he is too fat
from now on you go our way or you go ...........

this is maybe a "simple" way to explain my toughts,but at this moment this is exactly what I feel
I am no programmer nor plug-in maker just an addict user of Foobar for it's "extraordinary customability"
due to all the plug-ins creators!

Firefox without his active community of extensions builders is a very common Navigator
Foobar is exactly the same !!!
So be a little more respectfull for all this people who helped you,all this years, to make Foobar so famous !!

ps: I hope you will be fair enought to let my message in the forum

Reply #1
You're exactly right.  This is ridiculous.

Reply #2
I come here primarily to look at further customizing foobar, primarily using PanelsUI. It's a shame that we will all have to move on to somewhere else to discuss and share near infinite customizations. It was great having everything I needed on one board, but what can you do. Oh well, heres to hoping a new update to PanelsUI comes along to remedy the problems.

Reply #3
Yeah, I know, I know, the closing, oh boy, that's always unfortunate. BUT I have another even MORE IMPORTANT question:
Why can't people understand forum categories, topics, groups, you name it?

I've never really heard any reason. Well, apart from some dumb and outrageous ones. I mean, come one, it's always there, in every forum software I saw - a simple control to choose where to post the new thread. You know, like in "Lamerz questions", "Coderz questions", "Supportz",  "Site related discussion" or whatever.

But people just don't care about that. On one site, I've at least moved the "General" category to the top, because most people didn't even bother to read what's selected and some minor subforum being a default selection ended up being full of random topics.

I find it ridiculous that we still have issues like this in 2008. I hope the new PanelsUI release will solve this problem as well.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.