Skip to main content

Topic: Ogg Vorbis decoding problems (Read 4112 times) previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • Ojay
  • [*][*]
Ogg Vorbis decoding problems
okay, I opened this thread to have a thread dedicated to problems with decoding OGG Vorbis files (I couldn't find one elsewhere on HA). First let me thank John33 for his work with Oggvorbis. I didn't PM him with my problems as I think it is more suitable to make it "official". So here we go:

I downloaded OggdecV1.95 from rarewares and used it on my WinXP-SP3 PC to decode long (1h long) OGG vorbis files. Oggdec crashed instantly and always (I didn't specify any decoding option). Oggdec1.94 on the other hand showed no problems at all....

  • john33
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Ogg Vorbis decoding problems
Reply #1
Sorry to hear you've experienced a problem. Can you tell me something more about the file you're decoding? How many channels, etc.?
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
My compiles and utilities are at http://www.rarewares.org/

  • john33
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Ogg Vorbis decoding problems
Reply #2
OK, I've just encoded a 1 hour 20 mins stereo wave file at 48k samplerate using the aoTuVb5.5 oggdropXPd and then decoded it using the same oggdropXPd without any hint of a problem. But, when using oggdec 1.9.5 it crashes although 1.9.4 is OK!! Clearly I've screwed something so I'll check into it and get back to you.
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
My compiles and utilities are at http://www.rarewares.org/

  • john33
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Ogg Vorbis decoding problems
Reply #3
V1.9.6 uploaded which resolves this problem.  Thanks for letting me know about it.
  • Last Edit: 30 May, 2008, 06:22:36 PM by john33
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
My compiles and utilities are at http://www.rarewares.org/

  • Ojay
  • [*][*]
Ogg Vorbis decoding problems
Reply #4
V1.9.6 uploaded which resolves this problem.  Thanks for letting me know about it.

Cheers! Works like a charm now :-)