Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.5.3 beta 2 (Read 42934 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.5.3 beta 2

Reply #50
Beta 2 is now available for download. Main changes from beta 1 are playback queue management enhancements, including queue index display in "playing" column of Default UI as well as %queue_index% available in playlist display contexts.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #51
Thanks for the update.

Queue field request:
Ability to show indexes for song which is queued multiple times like %cwb_queueindexes% and queue length like %cwb_queuelength%.

Reply #52
Ability to view/edit queries that were used to create autoplaylists is planned but not top priority, probably to be added for the next version after 0.9.5.3.

AWESOME!
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #53
Ability to show indexes for song which is queued multiple times
Noted.
and queue length
I don't like the idea. Where whould that need to be available? If it's just for queued items, it would be inconsistent; if for all playlist items, it would be inefficient (triggering a full refresh of all playlist views each time queue length changes regardless of that feature even being active...).

Reply #54
Dunno if this is an obvious thing or not... Is there a way to (automatically) open a tab with a playlist with all enqueued items in it? i enqueud some with add to playback queue, and now numbers appear for the songs, but after enqueing some from different playlists i kinda lost it what te list was that i made.

Is there an option i didnt see or isnt this implemented in foob? I used to work with just drag and drop songs on a new playlisttab to make a queue, but i am trying to see if this way of enqueuing is something i could get used to.

(DUI only)

Reply #55
Dunno if this is an obvious thing or not... Is there a way to (automatically) open a tab with a playlist with all enqueued items in it? i enqueud some with add to playback queue, and now numbers appear for the songs, but after enqueing some from different playlists i kinda lost it what te list was that i made.

Get foosion's playlist queue viewer.

Reply #56
I have a very small feature request.  Some of the title formatting functions are not documented in the HTML file that comes with foobar2000.  Although they are described in the wiki, it would be nice to include them in the official documentation.  I learned very late about $ansi() and $ascii() because they were not in the official docs, but I find them extremely useful when renaming files (because some devices/file systems don't like (all) accented Latin letters).

Reply #57
I just have to comment on the mini-thread that is here about foobar2000 core vs. misbehaving components and the stance Peter has on this.

Nullsoft is a company which was negative about additions to or improvements to the Winamp API. Many suggestions were made, but Nullsoft didn't listen until very late. Many clever hacks were made by plugin developers to get what they wanted. Most notably how to get the selected items in the playlist editor . You can see ugly code that was invented to retrieve this info without a proper API function here: http://saivert.com/winamp/gen_getsel.zip (complete sample Winamp plugin source code)

This is as I believe just one of the reasons Peter dropped developing plugins for Winamp and made his own player.

Actually Nullsoft had something good with Winamp3. It was a new player written from scratch with a robust (mostly portable) C++ based codebase, great skinning engine and very extensible plugin interface. But they failed at completing it and it was abandoned due to it being overly complex. I still believe this was a bad choice and if they had kept improving it, they might have had a great multi-platform media player today.

Sorry for wandering off into ranting about Winamp. But it's just one of those great projects that are ruined with bad judgment and decisions.

I really don't want the same to happen to foobar2000 and I doubt it will given Peter's experience.

Reply #58
Noted.
Thanks.
I don't like the idea. Where whould that need to be available? If it's just for queued items, it would be inconsistent; if for all playlist items, it would be inefficient (triggering a full refresh of all playlist views each time queue length changes regardless of that feature even being active...).
I used to format my display code like this in playlist %cwb_queueindexes%/%cwb_queuelength%. So this is only for queued items. What did you mean by being inconsistent, is it about only for queued items only and not for other playlist items? Well if you really don't like it, you can drop it. I also don't care much about queue length but it would be nice to have.

Reply #59
OK, I'll add a queue length field for queued items only, since to get what you want you'd need a more complex title formatting string if that field was shown for all items.

Reply #60
Thank you.

Reply #61
great! queue indexes

Reply #62
Is it possible to centre format the playlist queue numbers rather than left format? And rather than brackets to use bold (or possibly a shaded font to go with the play icon)?

Also, it would be really nice if you could sort the play queue column.

And I love what you've done  with the library viewer selection playlist, but is it possible that a double click will play the selected song?

If you've done that, I'd consider Foobar perfect (at least for now  )

Reply #63
I hope it is not totally inappropriate to mention something I miss since 0.9.5. It has not to do with 3rd party components.
I would like to be able to set colour per (custom) playlist column (either a setting or $rgb())
(something similar is already mentioned in the feature proposals, just as) the different colour for "now playing" would be good too.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #64
It would be possible to save queue (or „queue playlist”) between sessions?