Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Layout Edit Mode (Read 4982 times) previous topic - next topic

Layout Edit Mode

Will Layout Editing Mode enabled ever allow for deleting of Elements as and alternative to cut and/or replace? The idea would be after adding a splitter and an additional Element, you could remove one of the Elements and not have a void space waiting to be filled by a new Element.

Perhaps related: Will the ability to drag and drop Elements across the layout ever be possible?

Layout Edit Mode

Reply #1
I don't really understand the purpose of your request. Replacing a splitter does exactly the same as the behavior of deleting a ui element described by you.

Layout Edit Mode

Reply #2
Yes, but in the events where that is not redundant, selecting the splitter can be an issue. Also: My current Layout has Playlist tabs above Playlist View and a column of 3 of the new visualizations. If I use replace over the Playlist Tabs, my choice is to reduce that splitter to one of the viz's or the Playlist View.

Layout Edit Mode

Reply #3
I don't really understand the purpose of your request. Replacing a splitter does exactly the same as the behavior of deleting a ui element described by you.

Please know, my reply to this post began with "Yes" becuase the example in my first post could in fact be either. Reason being it mentions only one splitter and two elements. Replace would be fine if you wanted to keep one of two elements in a splitter (though redundant).

Are you one of the developers?

Layout Edit Mode

Reply #4
You can "unsplit" one side of a splitter, by copying the desired half, and pasting it on top of the nefarious parent splitter.

If you replace a LR splitter with a TB splitter (or vice versa), foobar remembers which elements it contained, and you actually swap the splitter orientation.

Layout Edit Mode

Reply #5
You can "unsplit" one side of a splitter, by copying the desired half, and pasting it on top of the nefarious parent splitter.

Thank you, but this is would be among the redundancies I mentioned above.

If you replace a LR splitter with a TB splitter (or vice versa), foobar remembers which elements it contained, and you actually swap the splitter orientation.

This is where "drag and drop" functionality would come in handy to reverse the order of the elements after swapping splitters. Elements could be drug across the layout to swap places or fit in place.

My questions are not from feeling as though it's too hard to configure layouts, so much as noting where improvements could be made (giving the developers free advice in the form of a question and hoping it's appreciated).

I apologize if I'm still not being clear.