Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question for Dibrom - sound cards (Read 2315 times) previous topic - next topic

Question for Dibrom - sound cards

Dibrom, may I ask a question? I saw that you've changed from the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz to the M-Audio Revolution soundcard. Are doing recording from stereo (tapes or LPs) to harddrive, then burning CDs? How would you rate the line-in sound quality of those two sound cards?

I have the TBSC card, doing a lot of recording from the stereo. Sound seems to be pretty good but I am not an expert. Would be grateful for your opinions. Thanks, Steve

Question for Dibrom - sound cards

Reply #1
Dibrom, may I ask a question? I saw that you've changed from the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz to the M-Audio Revolution soundcard. Are doing recording from stereo (tapes or LPs) to harddrive, then burning CDs? How would you rate the line-in sound quality of those two sound cards?

I have the TBSC card, doing a lot of recording from the stereo. Sound seems to be pretty good but I am not an expert. Would be grateful for your opinions. Thanks, Steve

Actually I had only used the TBSC for a short time, perhaps a month.. and I have not done any recording in quite awhile, so I have never tested the line-in from the TBSC or the Revolution.

I would imagine in any case that the line-in on the Revo provides higher quality than the TBSC (not to mention it supports 24/96 unlike the TBSC).  Whether or not this will be very noticeable for your purposes, I don't know.

I used to use a Delta1010 for my recording, before the card for the setup got broken during a move.  The playback quality of the Revo seems to be pretty much on par with the Delta1010 from what I can tell (rightmark scores shows that it pretty much matches the LynxTWO even for 16/44.1, IIRC) though.