Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Framing Vinyl (Read 2600 times) previous topic - next topic

Framing Vinyl

I'm trying to track down some quality frames for vinyl picture discs (33s), but it's hard to come across anything worthwhile. I'm looking for something that has a relatively low profile, something that holds the vinyl without any kind of clips or glue (I want to be able to pull the vinyl out--doesn't have to be directly out of the frame--and flip it over). The glass or plexiglas should also filter UV light. The LPs I want to frame are precious to me like the Dark Lord's ring was precious to Gollum.

Now, I've seen Rock Art Picture Show's frames personally, and I wasn't impressed. I'm not terribly fond of having the backsides of my vinyl pressed bare against the plexiglas, and they ended up shipping at least one frame that was scratched right in the middle (Needless to say, I sent them all back for a refund).

More recently I've discovered a company called Hobby Frames that actually produces frames specifically for displaying vinyl and CDs and the like. What I like about their frames is that they pretty much meet my criteria: Wood frame, mat with a neutral pH designed to hold the vinyl without risking any damage and doesn't let it touch the plexiglas, and plexiglas that filters UV. The only thing holding me back is that I don't know how reliable the company is or to what degree of quality the frames are.

If I can't figure this out, I may just bite the bullet and get some from Hobby Frames, unless someone has better suggestions. Thanks in advance for any input.

Framing Vinyl

Reply #2
Those frames look really, really bad. I'm framing vinyl, not photos from the early 1920s.